Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Needed

Hi guys,

I work in a centre in the UK that is 100% open play and mainly family orientated. We're looking to make some improvements to the bowling experience (especially for the youngsters!) and just wondering if the following is possible.

Basically when a bowler gets a strike we want to have some kind of effect go off (not too sure what yet but for arguments sake say a 12v blue spinning police light for now) - Is it possible to get a strike signal from the machine and use it in this way - Obviously the signal will have to go through some kind of control box / relay that determines how long the effect has power for...but we will worry about this at a later date. Just need to know if its possible to get a strike signal from the machine, and if so how!

The setup we have is:
    Amf 82-90XL
    Bowland Scoring (VDB, FBox, XLMP)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Ben

Pindication bulbs on the masking units usually (if working) should light up an X when there is a strike so I guess that bypassing this to another light/motor would be possible.

I imagine that it would just be a case of setting a circuit up to achieve this. It is a good thought and it will be interesting to see what others could suggest .

Comment

You've said it already, X marks the spot, a 12v relay switch across one of the corners of the X, i'd be looking at a PC fan and an inflatable unit that can pop up from behind the masking unit, one day when i find something i like i'll do it, ultimate would be a giant X on the curtain wall or onto the lane surface, imagine that in the extreme!

Comment

excellent guys I will give it a shot with something small and let you know the results!

What I really want is a booming voice on the sound system saying strike, spotlight on the player, confetti cannons going off, a slow motion replay on the video masq but I do live in a bit of an unrealistic dream world . Thanks for your help guys!

Comment

Originally posted by ben87 View Post
          What I really want is a booming voice on the sound system saying strike, spotlight on the player, confetti cannons going off, a slow motion replay on the video masq but I do live in a bit of an unrealistic dream world . Thanks for your help guys!
          Dream like you'll live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Wish i had money to throw away. How about just someone with a magic microphone....screaming SRIKE!!!!!!!!! Instead of GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Why yes, we wax them everyday!

Comment

a 12v relay to some effect while the X is lighted on mask, or a relay that latches with a timer circuit to control the exact time of the effect..

Comment

interesting idea Ben.
                You probably have the strike foul board so, yes this is the place to pick up a supply for a relay.
                Where are you in U.K.drop me a message to my mailbox.
                thanks and good luck
                maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse