Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Needed

Hi guys,

I work in a centre in the UK that is 100% open play and mainly family orientated. We're looking to make some improvements to the bowling experience (especially for the youngsters!) and just wondering if the following is possible.

Basically when a bowler gets a strike we want to have some kind of effect go off (not too sure what yet but for arguments sake say a 12v blue spinning police light for now) - Is it possible to get a strike signal from the machine and use it in this way - Obviously the signal will have to go through some kind of control box / relay that determines how long the effect has power for...but we will worry about this at a later date. Just need to know if its possible to get a strike signal from the machine, and if so how!

The setup we have is:
    Amf 82-90XL
    Bowland Scoring (VDB, FBox, XLMP)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Ben

Pindication bulbs on the masking units usually (if working) should light up an X when there is a strike so I guess that bypassing this to another light/motor would be possible.

I imagine that it would just be a case of setting a circuit up to achieve this. It is a good thought and it will be interesting to see what others could suggest .

Comment

You've said it already, X marks the spot, a 12v relay switch across one of the corners of the X, i'd be looking at a PC fan and an inflatable unit that can pop up from behind the masking unit, one day when i find something i like i'll do it, ultimate would be a giant X on the curtain wall or onto the lane surface, imagine that in the extreme!

Comment

excellent guys I will give it a shot with something small and let you know the results!

What I really want is a booming voice on the sound system saying strike, spotlight on the player, confetti cannons going off, a slow motion replay on the video masq but I do live in a bit of an unrealistic dream world . Thanks for your help guys!

Comment

Originally posted by ben87 View Post
          What I really want is a booming voice on the sound system saying strike, spotlight on the player, confetti cannons going off, a slow motion replay on the video masq but I do live in a bit of an unrealistic dream world . Thanks for your help guys!
          Dream like you'll live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Wish i had money to throw away. How about just someone with a magic microphone....screaming SRIKE!!!!!!!!! Instead of GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Why yes, we wax them everyday!

Comment

a 12v relay to some effect while the X is lighted on mask, or a relay that latches with a timer circuit to control the exact time of the effect..

Comment

interesting idea Ben.
                You probably have the strike foul board so, yes this is the place to pick up a supply for a relay.
                Where are you in U.K.drop me a message to my mailbox.
                thanks and good luck
                maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Table cutting off before the end of the cycle

I have one lane that has been giving me trouble lately. It used to be every once in awhile but now it is happening every cycle. Start 1st ball cycle, sweep drops does the usual...

ETU diagnostic tool

I've posted before about wanting to try and figure out how to fix these trigger boards we have. I'm trying to map the thing out and create a schematic, but it's slow going, especially...

Gutter Straps

Hey everyone, I hope someone can direct me in the right direction. I'm looking to find either a part number or someone willing to part with some.gutter straps. I have plastic...

AMF 82-90XL BE Gearbox seals part number cross reference.

I have spent a few hours cross checking part numbers for my 82-90xl's Back end gearboxes. I have found that most auto part stores carry these seals for a fraction of the price...

Roller Clutch issue

Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X