Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower pinwheel tentioner

Trying Stahl's tentioner and was wondering peoples thoughts on using one or two? if so with one? Is there any directions or is it pretty simple? (didn't open package yet got at leaving time)

Simple install

Use both lower units on each machine

Comment

Very easy install. I have been running 1 per machine with good results
      Go Pirates

Comment

Originally posted by 70/70 View Post
        Very easy install. I have been running 1 per machine with good results
        Does it matter which side?

Comment

No, either side. Kit comes with a Lt and a Rt.
          Go Pirates

Comment

This is for peoples opinions only so all replies are welcome

Comment

Yeah I too would love to hear some feedback, as I found out the other day we CAN get Stahl's stuff here in Australia through Cybernetic Solutions.... and is something I would sure think about trying , to help stop the wobbling pinwheels...
              AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pin_Head View Post
                Yeah I too would love to hear some feedback, as I found out the other day we CAN get Stahl's stuff here in Australia through Cybernetic Solutions.... and is something I would sure think about trying , to help stop the wobbling pinwheels...
                Gotta say it....its from Stahl's so it IS worth trying!

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
                  Gotta say it....its from Stahl's so it IS worth trying!

with that being said I do believe next month I shall order a few to start trying them, I do respect the word of TJ and all of my fellow BT'rs.....
                  AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Thank you Sir.

I wish we had them but sadly no. Several others use them and King uses them and he says they are wonderful. Its a great idea and think of it this way, you know what happens with a sloppy pin elevator and as they age and things wear it can get worse. Even with age and wear and ringtubes that are not round anymore with this kit it does not matter, the spring tension always keeps the rollers in full contact with the ringtube which means the pinwheel stays tighter and reduces problems. So even with the great reviews on here it just makes sense to put these on...the elevator was not designed to be a sloppy piece of **** and this kit should make it nice and tight like it once was.

Comment

Is the lower pin wheel tensioner available in Europe/ The Netherlands, would love to test them. What about the steel or plastic rollers. Dont like the plastic ones use only steel rollers for the upper. Plastic on the lowers but with more tension on them they will last less long IMO.

Comment

We never got a chance to try the Stahl's lower roller kits. I just wish they came up with them sooner. Cuz we had already remedied the swaying pinwheel issue by ovalling out the hole in the lower mouting plates and adding a washer on either side of the stud to sinch them up to the ring tube. Ovalling out the hole was a bit of a pain, but it it kept the night guy busy. And total cost was next to nothing. Either way, you can install new rollers on top, and run your older worn out rollers on the bottom. Cuz the bottom rollers have no effect on the height of the pinwheel. I'll run the lowers 'til they disintegrate. We have tried plastic, but I prefer the metal ones, only cuz the plastic rollers get loose on the shaft before the groove actually wears out. I don't mind the metal shavings on the floor much, cuz it tells you right away that it needs attention.
                        I can't even spell Brunsw-ick anymore!!!

Comment

You need to grease the ring tube monthly with the kits on

Comment

Grease or lube in the cup?

Comment

Get rid of the cup...use grease and a foam paint brush - I lay on the floor and put it on

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse