• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Quiz Time Again

82/70 machines MP chassis Accuscore Plus Scoring
    Here's the problem sweep drops 3/4 of the way down
    then back up after a gutter ball/short cycle,normally
    the sweep drops a very small amount then returns to zero.
    Machine runs fine during a normal cycle,this only happens
    during a short cycle.Sweep does not coast.
    What was wrong with this machine.

The sweep switch is bad.
    In search of the C2B plug

Comment

sweep reverse relay

Comment

What motor and what kind of start switch? I had solid state SS that had that problem on Westys. Also saw that on chassis with MK5 boards after I converted to potential relays. Using a different sweep rev relay fixed that
        Go Pirates

Comment

I have seen this happen with Westinghouse gearboxes. If it was the SA switch then the sweep would also stop past 270 as that is also when the SA lever is lifted off the switch. If it was M2 I would think the sweep motor would have trouble starting or always running backwards. If it was sweep reverse causing coasting I would think it would also coast at home or first guard. I don't know for sure about sweep run. I would say contactor or C1plug but again it would show up in other sweep stopping positions. So basically when the sweep does an auto reverse (and is not coasting) it reversed up through home and stops late then returns to home....with no coasting.....hmmm.

Comment

Answer the white wire in the Russell Stoll plug was loose.
            The way I discovered the answer was after changing the
            sweep motor, when I plugged the Russell Stoll plug back in I
            had no power to the machine,opened the plug and I could see
            the white wire was ready to pop out.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
            Working...
            X