Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8270 Belt tensioners?

Can a few kind souls explain and post some pictures of the proper tension assembly to be used with a humpback?
    is it the new pbl style or the old kicker style?

I'm also confused about the pivot shaft 070-002-012 for the pin wheel. standing at the back of the machine there is an xwasher to stop it from walking towards the front, what is supposed to stop it from walking towards the rear of the machine? there isn't a groove for another xwasher. have a few lanes where i see the pivot shafts up against the cage on a regular basis.
    When you know what to do, everything is easy.

There's a set screw on a collar that's welded onto the rear motor support weldment.
    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

maybe there should be, I do not see any such collar. I'll check again in the morning maybe the set screws just got loose.

Comment

Use the old kicker style tension assy. if you are replacing kickers

Comment

Originally posted by Grit View Post
          I do not see any such collar.
          It is not really a collar more of a projection that the pin wheel tensioner goes up against. The set screw does not always stick out so it can be hard to see. You should be able to find the screw at about 5 oclock or 7 oclock depending on odd or even.
          Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

yep there were on there. surprise the lanes with walking pivots didn't have a set screw. Just couldn't see or feel it until I removed an inch of grime. TY to kat and smurtland.

I'm not replacing kickers persay we've had humpbacks since 2000, I just noticed the bushings on the hanger arm links seem to always be wearing out and was curious if that was due to the wrong tension ass'y. You are supposed to spring to the lower offset shaft and to the back of the machines to a black bracket with a hole in it correct?

Comment

You should be putting a drop of oil on the tension bushings monthly

When a ball lift is changed...I clean the tension assy. and lube generously

Cleaning and lubing is cheap

Comment

Originally posted by smurtland View Post
                It is not really a collar more of a projection that the pin wheel tensioner goes up against. The set screw does not always stick out so it can be hard to see. You should be able to find the screw at about 5 oclock or 7 oclock depending on odd or even.
                I had the set screw come loose twice in a week knocking off the pin wheel belt. The second time I gave it more attention and the gear box would really shake when the ball would hit the cushion. After peaking around the gear box the support was cracked in two just under the g.b.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse