Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combo National Gearbox

I just got back news from my rep that there are no parts available for the internal parts of a Combo national gearbox? Is this true? Can you order them through someone else? What else are my options? I don't need one right now but I am planning on going though them this summer to make sure I don't have one blow out when we are at full capacity.

Stahls makes almost all of the National Gearbox parts, 651-322-2141, ask for Eric.

Comment

I had heard AMF did not have some of the gears for it before but yeah, Stahl's would be the place to go. We just got a very nice, rebuilt National combo gearbox from them, it's beautiful.

Comment

Sounds good I will check it out.Thanks for the tip, good to know that there are gears available for them. I can get most parts locally but not the gears. For fun I pulled apart a few of my extra gearboxes and took the parts that were good and put one good one back together. I have a lot of extra gearboxes, this was the first time I had actually been inside and fully taken apart. I will be going through all of my gearboxes this year and flushing them out and pumping them full of new gear lube after what I saw in one of my gearboxes. Looked like the retaining ring broke and then got chewed up by the bearings and then the bearing blew out and froze up the gearbox. After complete tear down, inspection, cleaning and reassembly it works perfect. I just purchased some Mobile 680 gear oil and pumped it full.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse