Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributor troubles

During league play a dizzy has developed a bit of a swing, a bit wild going across to the 2 pin. This has caused pins to fall awkwardly into the bins or miss the 2 pin altogether. Other than putting cable ties onto the spring (left/bigger spring) are there any better ways of making a temp fix? Our cable ties seem to be extra value ones and break WAY to easy!

Thanks for anything that people could suggest

Could be excessive clutch tension,if this just cropped up the pinion bushing could have worn out on the facing that meets the washer or needs a little oil.
    70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
    Prolane Walker sport

Comment

The lane is still in league play at the moment but I've had a look at the clutch, backed the spring off a touch and it seems to be working but moving awkwardly around the 6 to 10 pin know also the plate and friction disk seem way too loose. As soon as I can get the lane for 5 mins ill try and get another clutch assembly on. Fingers crossed the front desk peeps can give me the lane without league bowlers throwing a tantrum.

Thanks Keeth

Comment

Got the lane for 5 mins and started taking clutch apart, got to the worm gear and it appears to have started to fall apart! Replaced this, the friction disk and the clutch plate and it is working smoothly know!

YAY!

Comment

Excellent
          70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
          Prolane Walker sport

Comment

in the future you can also use a "helper" spring. 000-024-623 the spring for the oldstyle belt tensioners can be placed around the distributor support and the ends will hook where the other 2 springs are now.

There is also mod to put a smaller spring inside the large safety link spring 070-006-030. not sure what spring they used inside the big un though.
            When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

I bend the tab that the big spring hooks to alittle toward the front of the mach.

Comment

Originally posted by rivmike View Post
                I bend the tab that the big spring hooks to alittle toward the front of the mach.
                Ditto and why not? Works just fine this way, possibly a little better and if you have one that is already bent towards the rear just flip it around and you are good.
                Last edited by Tablejam; 02-14-2012, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rivmike View Post
                  Same here, gives it a tad more tension...
                  AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pin_Head View Post
                    Same here, gives it a tad more tension...
                    I have 1 or 2 that still need the a112 belt tentioner spring from the pan to the left, right arm of the dist.(what is that called?) but the clutch will need alittle more tention.

Comment

You could call that the "lateral" (left-right) arm. The in-out would be known as the "linear" arm, that's what I call them anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Grit View Post
                        There is also mod to put a smaller spring inside the large safety link spring 070-006-030. not sure what spring they used inside the big un though.

We use the spring for the distributor belt...26-031
                        I can't even spell Brunsw-ick anymore!!!

Comment

We use the old style kicker tension spring 000-029-601 inside the 070-006-030 safety link spring.

Comment

I got into the habit now, when my dizzy's play up like that swinging violently, I rip it off, strip it down and rebuild it, but EVERY rebuild now gets new open AND closed needle bearings in the casting, I have found that makes a HUGE difference... put a new clutch, new index cam replace bearings and bushings and all is usually well and you often find you won't need the extra springs. I had a lot of extra springs and cable ties on the springs etc but I have none of that now....
                            AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

I find a swinging distributor at the 3pin is almost always caused by dodgy clutch drive plates (they don't seem to last long).

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse