Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction of the 8270 A

Fantastic footage of the 8270 A pinspotter. Complete with the chicken wire spotting cups, aluminum fingers and the "all new " plastic bins . For those of us that grew up in centers with the sparemakers, and the "gum drop" approach dowels, this video confirms that the colored dots were in fact used in conjunction with the colored arrows on the masking unit.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irb-A...eature=related
    There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

This is one of the coolest videos on youtube. That was awesome!

Comment

That was totally awesome!!
      Tony Strublic, Center Bowl, The Bowling Store Pro Shop
      A/2's w/QAMF BES & MMS

Comment

I have those masks, now I need the A's to go behind them!!

Toby
        82-70B, Stepper chassis
        www.mooseexchange.org

Comment

Omg where did this come from.....awesome!

Look closely at the rsc fingers and the "wireway" links on the table....what do you see?

Comment

Tablejam: they're black?? Those aren't the same wireway links that we have here??? What's up with that??

How do the wires travel to the rscells??

They're the same way on the 8270A's that are still running... I just looked at amfdoctor's video.
            You know, if my dog was as ugly as you. I'd shave his butt and tell him to walk backwards

Comment

Toby....if you ever get rid of those masks I would buy them.

Great video!

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgolf12 View Post
                Tablejam: they're black?? Those aren't the same wireway links that we have here??? What's up with that??

How do the wires travel to the rscells??

They're the same way on the 8270A's that are still running... I just looked at amfdoctor's video.

The links you see that are black are all the same as the one that runs down the 10 side of our tables. From what I saw in person on the converted As I trained on, the cell wiring ran in grooves cut into the table casting....its crazy! And in this video if you look real close you will notice the cell fingers are the original cast aluminum ones!

So neat to see this running when it was brand new.

Comment

This was on the same page as the 70 video, I think this is the best footage I have ever seen of this machine....

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=DogVYVOqMNg

From the 70 video...

"Wayward pins are gently but firmly pushed back onto the magic carpet"....lol
                  Last edited by Tablejam; 02-22-2012, 10:09 PM.

Comment

That is FREAKIN' AWESOME! Love the music and the line 'rule out any possibility of jamming'

Thanks!
                    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam
                      This was on the same page as the 70 video, I think this is the best footage I have ever seen of this machine....

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=DogVYVOqMNg

From the 70 video...

"Wayward pins are gently but firmly pushed back onto the magic carpet"....lol
                      Not sure what happened with that link - I got a page with several non related videos?
                      I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

How about this......

Comment

So if it was ABC approved April 6, 1962, that means the 82/70 celebrates it's 50th birthday this year!
                          Last edited by Tablejam; 02-23-2012, 04:42 AM.

Comment

The video is cool, but the design was absolute GARBAGE!!! Ask the question, "Why did 99% of the "A"s get converted?" They did indeed have grooves machined into the table casting for the respot cell wires, guess that didn't work out too well either, LOL. And the chassis, what a nightmare that would have been to keep working, 2 steppers? Wow!! I can bash this design because I had a little time on 10 of them in the mid 80s when the center I now own had them running. If they would have been here when I bought this center I would have junked them as soon as I had possession and replaced they with 30s, but someone beat me to it. I do like the "Magic Carpet" comment in the video, makes me think of a song....
                            Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

At 6:13 in the video - the factory 70 had the 030 block in between the cushion weldment and the cushion plank

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse