Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82-70 will not set pins

Came in to-day to find a Machine has been down for 3 day,s I really need this % *&^

The machine will not load pins into the table, will sit at Guard ,when B/S pushed table lowers to set pins but no pins in the table,,

Have Changed Chassis for a Known good one
    Have tested Spot soliniod ok
    have tested B/S ok

would the problem be with Sa or SB micro ??
    82-70's
    Computor Score
    Elco/Omega Tec
    PBL's
    Express CE Oxyshock/Versitity
    16 Wood
    No pindication

So the table lowers to spot when you trip the Bin Switch, but the pins remain in the bin? From what you've described it sounds like the shuttle isn't activating - see if you can move the shuttle in by hand, perhaps it's binding on something? I'd have a good look at the shuttle rod/lever assy, especially where the cam follower contacts the shuttle cam....also where the stop bolt (on the shuttle lever) touches the stop lever on the solenoid assy. It may be jammed up around here, preventing the shuttle from activating.
    Last edited by Stoctster; 02-27-2012, 09:08 PM.

Comment

You said the solenoid tested good but Is the spot solenoid triggering?
      Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

When it lowers do the cups not tip all the way, stay alittle layed back. The link under the solinoid is broke. (dogbone)

Comment

The spot solenoid is not triggering
          Checked the Dog-bone link that's ok
          Can move the shuttle by hand
          82-70's
          Computor Score
          Elco/Omega Tec
          PBL's
          16 Wood
          No pindication

Comment

When the spot solenoid pulls in for the table to spot pins these three things must happen:

1. The latch drops down onto the spot lever so the cups will tilt
            2. The shuttle blocking finger is lifted up so it will shuttle pins into the cups
            3. The trip latch for the table drive drops and LOCKS down to trip the table drive eccentric so the table will do a long stroke to spot pins.

If any one of these fails pins will not be spotted. If the table goes all the way down and the cups tilt but they are empty, then there is something going on with the shuttle or blocking finger. If it shuttles pins and the table does not go all the way down then there is something going on with the trip latch or the table drive. If it goes all the way down with pins but the cups don't tilt until the table is down then there is something going on with the latch for the spot lever.

For your problem it sounds like for whatever reason it is not shuttling the pins. Maybe the table is stopping too late or there is an issue with the shuttle operator or the shuttle itself, or even the shuttle rod/cam.

Comment

[QUOTE=Never_to_old;464740]The spot solenoid is not triggering
              Checked the Dog-bone link that's ok
              Can move the shuttle by hand[/QUOTE
              See if there is 120volts at the sp. solinoid at shuttle time. If the solinoid is doing nothing the table won't go all the way down? Maybe a burnt pin (mach. side ) in the c1 plug.

Comment

TJ sparked something, does the solinoid pull in and buzz because the table is past where it will let it engage. After the table stops at o, see where the lever stops on the table drive, Should be just before the slot. You may have a coasting table.

Comment

Hi rivmike,
                  C1 and C2 have both been repinned and new sockets all the gold ones, this was done about 3 months ago,and all was working like a dream. No burnt pins
                  I have gone through and checked all terminals in the wire way and C!/C2 plugs
                  I will go and recheck the voltage at the spot solenoid

OK getting some where no Power to the spot solenoid
                  Chassis,s are working ok on other Lanes
                  Last edited by Never_to_old; 02-27-2012, 10:09 PM.
                  82-70's
                  Computor Score
                  Elco/Omega Tec
                  PBL's
                  16 Wood
                  No pindication

Comment

Mayhapse there is a wiring problem from the chassis to the solenoid, or the solenoid coil is bad.....it does happen.

Comment

Thanks every-one for your input, Found the problem , All the machine side C1,s have been rewired with a shrouded Flex , the problem was from the C1 to TS3 , it had blown??? inside the shrouded cover , it helps to have a good multi tester and learn to open my old (67) eyes.
                      Now all I have to do is find out WHY it blewl
                      82-70's
                      Computor Score
                      Elco/Omega Tec
                      PBL's
                      16 Wood
                      No pindication

Comment

I knew it was a broken wire Everything pointed to it. I am really glad you found it. Those little problems are a pain in the you know what but seem so simple when you find them.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse