Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National BE Gearbox

I have a National BE Gaearbox leaking from the dist. output shaft.

Does this come apart the same way as a GE?

Is there a manual somewhere I can download?

We have always had GE BE gearboxes and I picked up some of these Nationals....they they are greek to me

More than likely the seal you need will be 785-502-048. I find nationals very easy to service, but i guess i've never had to deal with anything else. I've only heard about the problems others have to deal with. I have a manual, but it is dated 1975, so I doubt it's still available. But for what it's worth, it carries a part # of 610-007-011. Nationals a pretty much bullet proof, and Stahl's stocks anything that you might need for them.
    I can't even spell Brunsw-ick anymore!!!

Comment

...The staff at Stahl's may even be able to get you a service parts manual.
      I can't even spell Brunsw-ick anymore!!!

Comment

I buy all my bearings and seals from my local bearing warehouse. SKF 5254 is the number I use and I get them for under 1.50 a seal

Comment

Thanks all!

Comment

there is a manual on the QAMF customer portal with detailed instructions for disassembly and reassembly. its entitled "motors" but covers the gearboxes as well.

most of the seals inside a national are just O rings except for:
            A.the large paper gasket on the pit output plate which can be replaced with RTV black.
            B.the lip seals around the bearings which I usually find by googling the part number stamped on it.
            When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Don't no if you need the TUFFY Fied Puller #730-000-000-TFP

Do you know how hard it is to pull the field off of a National gearbox without bending the rotor shaft? VERY! This puller makes life alot easier.
                If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

King, awhile back I found some keys that were worn, I used regular key stock not knowing that they are metric. Got to pull 6-8 off again. ( got some from Stahl's)

Comment

Originally posted by felix View Post
                    Don't no if you need the TUFFY Fied Puller #730-000-000-TFP

Do you know how hard it is to pull the field off of a National gearbox without bending the rotor shaft? VERY! This puller makes life alot easier.
                    Even with antiseize on the shafts the motors can still be a real to get off the gearbox and this tool really helps a lot, it has saved me some totally bent shafts.

Comment

All mine have anti seize

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse