Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pit carpets

I'm going to have to change some pit carpets soon.We're 5 yrs.old and I have 90xlis.Has anyone used those carpets from Spawning?How good are they?

If you mean Splawn so far they are great! 2+ years on some and no signs of curling and failure.
    70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
    Prolane Walker sport

Comment

Yes I do mean Splawn.My bad.Thanks.

Comment

They are good, the PVC coating does crack some but does'nt affect anything.

Comment

Agree with all the others. Clean easy ( and you do need to wipe them regularly), easy to install and start right up. First time I ordered one to try I was told that in the future try buying them 2 at a time. They fit 2 in the same box and don't charge you extra shipping.
          Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

They are wonderful. The AMF red carpet (I haven't tried one) is very similar.

Comment

Put me on the thumbs up list also. They're great with light balls, dirt doesn't get embeded so they clean easily (if you have to), pins don't idle at the rear roller and plow, and they track straight. The jury's still out on life span but I've run some for 4 or 5 years with no sign of failure. Some guys don't like the fact that the oil stays on top, but that could be the type of oil or the amount of their pattern. They're available under $150.00 and the only way they would be a better deal is if they came installed!
              There's positive comments on here about the white carpet from Stahl's 70's, but I've never used it.
              We're all looking for a carpet that stays flexable while maintaining durability. Hopefully they've found the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
                They are wonderful. The AMF red carpet (I haven't tried one) is very similar.
                Slawn made the AMF belts before the Cluster f#$k when they sent the manufacturing over seas and we got the garbage pumkins and platinums for a couple years. Now they must be back.

Comment

I buy the AMF black ones 088-500-505 and I think they are great had them in almost 4 years now only changed 1 due to failure and that was about 6 weeks ago, the rest have no sign of letting go.....
                  AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

If that is the platinum one they will show no sign of failure but the seam will just explode after you turn your head.
                    70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
                    Prolane Walker sport

Comment

Originally posted by keeth View Post
                      If that is the platinum one they will show no sign of failure but the seam will just explode after you turn your head.
                      The AMF black one is the replacement they came out with for the Platinum. Only issue I've seen with it is that it seems to shed bits of rubber or something and you end up with these piles of black dust next to and under the machines.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by keeth View Post
                        Hi Keeth, yeah mate they are a completely different carpet, than that of the platinum, I have as Pete said noticed when doing pits small deposits of like a black powder on the the bounce plate etc but nothing to be concerned about.... overall I think they are a great carpet, but I can't really compare to the Splawn ot the ugly white etc as we don't have them here....

Brett...
                        AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Some stand behind the Stahl's Ugly White carpet. Very durable, just butt ugly after a while.
                          http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...or-Clutchplate

The splawn clean green seem to hold up well. A few more years and we'll see when and how they fail.

PinCup
                          We leave our greatest mark on this earth with the quality of our craftsmanship.

Comment

What do you guys think is a decent life span to a pit carpet should be? what you rate as acceptable value?

Comment

I've seen vantage supreme carpets fail in under 2 years. though that lane did need several brackets replaced and the bounce board was broken. all I've ever installed up until last august was the vantage supremes and man I sure got tired of having to help them start up and watching them slip on the seam.
                              We have one lane that has an AMF pumpkin in it and its been here 6 years and i put in 5 ugly whites since august. so time will tell as to what is a "decent" life span for them.

in summation: don't get vantage supreme. for the same basic price you can get ugly whites.
                              When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse