Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Place your bets.

Hey all you 8270 fans,

We have here an instance of a loose pinwheel cleat that fell off and into the pit.

IMAG0206.jpg
    IMAG0205.jpg
    (this carpet was less than 3 months old when this happened )

As you can see, it has cut the carpet on lane 24 into two pieces almost right down the middle.
    This happened a little over a year ago, and is at last word , still running fine.
    (Thanks for the pics BT member, herp444)
    It does not ride up over itself, or seem to cause any ill effects to normal operation.

How long do you think it will keep going?
    -until the outside edges fray out as normal?
    -tomorrow, a month, another year, ???
    -take it off NOW!

PinCup
    We leave our greatest mark on this earth with the quality of our craftsmanship.

It will fail on a Saturday night in August at 9 pm

Comment

It will be fine until you forget its there. Then during a busy league night it will fail.

Comment

Guarantee it will be when you have a full house for a tourny and right in the middle of a block of games!

Comment

Gorilla glue!!! Lol

Comment

I had one that was 2 pcs. It ran fine until it finally wore out. About 4 yrs
            Go Pirates

Comment

My dad made several of those with forgotten screwdrivers, LOL. They ran fine until the normal wear took them out. We did have a few pins find their way inside, but because they were in 2 pieces, they were easy to fish out.
              Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

I had one but I would'nt think it would run another minute, mine would open up an inch or so. Running it was'nt an option.

Comment

i have one with the same type of cut and it has been going for 2 years and does not look any worse.
                  Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

well not that i am trying to screw myself over but last weekend was the 1st of 3 weekends of ladies state tournament. i just hope nothing happens to it before the ladies are done. still running the same as it did before when you were here pincup. hopefully will continue for years to come.
                    watch out, they're everywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by herp444 View Post
                      well not that i am trying to screw myself over but last weekend was the 1st of 3 weekends of ladies state tournament. i just hope nothing happens to it before the ladies are done. still running the same as it did before when you were here pincup. hopefully will continue for years to come.
                      I don't gamble that much, for a $138.00 I would NEVER think about limping something. We are all wall to wall people for a few months yet.

Comment

Just picked up a broken cleat yesterday. I spotted it in the pit of an idle machine starting my morning. Got a couple things that I do that I'm trying to get the others working here to do:

1. After you clock in, take a walk along the line. Look for anything visually obvious. Climb each pair and do the same. Ideally wiping pans and belts at the same time.

2. LISTEN,LISTEN,LISTEN! Did I mention listen?? Same morning seniors were bowling and I heard a very high ping. Like tapping a rod with a hammer. Kicking myself for not checking it immediately as half an hour later I cleared a pin jam. guide rail on top of dizzy had popped out, flipped under the belt and jammed preventing the dizzy from collapsing to the back row of pins...jam was between the 4 and 7, clutch was stuck halfway thru its rotation. Standing around these beasts for so many years you should just about be able to hear something funky (and just about know exactly what it is) while you're up front getting a coffee.
                        Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietenpol View Post
                          2. LISTEN,LISTEN,LISTEN! Did I mention listen?? Same morning seniors were bowling and I heard a very high ping. Like tapping a rod with a hammer. Kicking myself for not checking it immediately as half an hour later I cleared a pin jam. guide rail on top of dizzy had popped out, flipped under the belt and jammed preventing the dizzy from collapsing to the back row of pins...jam was between the 4 and 7, clutch was stuck halfway thru its rotation. Standing around these beasts for so many years you should just about be able to hear something funky (and just about know exactly what it is) while you're up front getting a coffee.
                          I think I got real good that way with squeaks, I hate squeaking machines, my machines do not squeak. From the breakroom I could tell you whether the squeak was a kicker shaft grinding down the rear filler, the rod ends in the table leveling rods, sweep rod ends, and just about anything else. Did I say I hate squeaks?

Comment

Counter balance spring roller.

Comment

Originally posted by rivmike View Post
                              Counter balance spring roller.
                              OMG I HATE that one! Don't even get me started on how they wear down the pins that are welded to the frame!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse