Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• option front ball return

when the ball gets near the top of lift at the top v wheel it is sluggish on the way out.i have the tall lifts for about 4 years now and this lift is the only one slow out.the belt has the right torque.any ideas on this problem.i will check your replies tommorrow.
    82/70 mp
    pbl lifts
    wood lns
    qubica scoring&qbump
    wh/motors
    kp/navigate&defence cx4
    32 lns

Is the top V wheel coming apart?

Comment

the holes at the top of the options are not round but more of an "oval" if you lift them up to increase the distance the balls will have less resistance and come out faster.

my 2nd oppinion is to just install it with craftsman tools because that turns them into ball cannons.
      When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

Have you tried swapping the motor with another ball lift? we had the opposite some time ago fitted new motor to ball lift and couldn't work out why was launching balls out... motor was turning too fast.... maybe yours is turning too slow??

just a thought....
        AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

no the wheel looks good and stiff tablejam.....grit i will need to check on that advice.....pinhead -that was my problem start with motor burned out,melted bearing shaft side
          installed new motor then i notice slow at upper area.we had two problems after we changed out motor ball stopping at top of lift.its a job changing out the motor thats
          my first time doing one.thanks for every ones advice.i will get on this monday.
          82/70 mp
          pbl lifts
          wood lns
          qubica scoring&qbump
          wh/motors
          kp/navigate&defence cx4
          32 lns

Comment

Is the motor you put in wired for 220V? If your powerlift is connected to a 120V supply and you put in a new motor from AMF, it could be wired wrong. The motors come from AMF wired for 220V, not sure why, but this would explain why it would have trouble getting balls through the lift.

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
              Is the motor you put in wired for 220V? If your powerlift is connected to a 120V supply and you put in a new motor from AMF, it could be wired wrong. The motors come from AMF wired for 220V, not sure why, but this would explain why it would have trouble getting balls through the lift.

Cuz they LOVE Australia and that's the voltage we use......

But yeah i'd bet anything on like TJ said you guys are probably running 120V setup and motor is wired for 220V......
              AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
                The motors come from AMF wired for 220V, not sure why
                My guess would be because that's the 'safest' option. That is, if they wired all the motors for 120V and someone (like us in Australia) with a 220/240V supply forgot to change it prior to use, they'd probably blow the motor up.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl D View Post
                  My guess would be because that's the 'safest' option. That is, if they wired all the motors for 120V and someone (like us in Australia) with a 220/240V supply forgot to change it prior to use, they'd probably blow the motor up.
                  That would be awesome!

Comment

thanks guys i went in to work today.tablejam that motor came right out of the box and that was the problem.i pulled the motor off beside it and wired it like that one every thing works great now.just glad to be up an going. still thanks to every one.
                    82/70 mp
                    pbl lifts
                    wood lns
                    qubica scoring&qbump
                    wh/motors
                    kp/navigate&defence cx4
                    32 lns

Comment

......someone (like us in Australia) with a 220/240V supply forgot to change it prior to use, they'd probably blow the motor up.

I thought only a Kiwi would do something like that?!?

PinCup
                      We leave our greatest mark on this earth with the quality of our craftsmanship.

Comment

Originally posted by showdon View Post
                        thanks guys i went in to work today.tablejam that motor came right out of the box and that was the problem.i pulled the motor off beside it and wired it like that one every thing works great now.just glad to be up an going. still thanks to every one.
                        That's good, at least it was something simple!

If you have anymore of these new motors that have not been used, might want to make sure they are all wired correctly now so that when they do eventually get used this never happens again, I did that with ours and am glad I did it! Seems like such a silly thing to have happen, doesn't it?
                        Last edited by Tablejam; 03-11-2012, 06:11 PM.

Comment

well tablejam it was silly.that motor has been in a box for 4 years.never had bad problem on these type of ball returns .i had spectrum ball lifts before these they was a headache could not handle oil at all.problem solved thank you tablejam for your reply after the problem is fixed.maybe ill be needing your help in the future.thank s for bowltech how us mechanics meet an solve problems.
                          82/70 mp
                          pbl lifts
                          wood lns
                          qubica scoring&qbump
                          wh/motors
                          kp/navigate&defence cx4
                          32 lns

Comment

That very thing happened here, only not with a motor, our Video game swipe card server come from the U.S. and they forgot to cha nge the power supply inside to 220V and when we plugged it in and turned it on ... ***BOOOM*** went the server

Comment

Originally posted by Pin_Head View Post
                              That very thing happened here, only not with a motor, our Video game swipe card server come from the U.S. and they forgot to cha nge the power supply inside to 220V and when we plugged it in and turned it on ... ***BOOOM*** went the server
                              It must run on smoke, because after all the smoke came out, it does'nt run anymore.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse