Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TABLE/CYCLE

Here is what is going on happens about twice a game:
    Throw 1st ball sweep goes down instead of table doing it's little move up then down to feel for pins.
    It just drops slams top of pins goes back up.Fingers close half way.
    Sweep goes threw sweeps pins off then I have to set pins up.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT SINCE I HAVE A WOMEN'S TOURN. GOING ON !!!!!
    FULL SHIFT TOMORROW.

Thanks Scott

Table drive latch is not dropping in or locking in. Check to see if liitle spring has broken.

Comment

Yeah I'm with wixom22 that straight up sounds like your table drive, check the spring, if the spring is the maybe a roll pin inside has snapped, just change your table drive over and it should be all good.... best of luck with it mate...
      AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

like they said table drive eccentric; i would also look at the pawl gap and make sure you aren't getting it stuck in "spot", though that would probably cause pins to be in the cups when the table travels down.
        When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Grit View Post
          like they said table drive eccentric; i would also look at the pawl gap and make sure you aren't getting it stuck in "spot", though that would probably cause pins to be in the cups when the table travels down.

Grit, you're thinking of the wrong rod mate, that's the spot rod that will do that if out of adjustment, the respot reod to set your "pawl finger" gap won't do that.....
          AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Fixed 1st the nut was striped for the cam key put new key in
            2nd the nut that holds the table drive together and you have the clevis attached to it the one that sits deep in there.

Thanks

Comment

Should also find out why there was no OS. When the table does a full stroke on first ball standing pins it should activate the OS switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin_Head View Post
                Grit, you're thinking of the wrong rod mate, that's the spot rod that will do that if out of adjustment, the respot reod to set your "pawl finger" gap won't do that.....
                Good job Scooter glad they had the right answer for ya.

Not arguing that I was wrong... but if the respot rod gap isn't right, will it not cause the fingers to not close all the way? but in this case you are saying that the cups slamming down the top of the pins is because the table drive wasn't latching?

Comment

Originally posted by Grit View Post
                  Good job Scooter glad they had the right answer for ya.

Not arguing that I was wrong... but if the respot rod gap isn't right, will it not cause the fingers to not close all the way? but in this case you are saying that the cups slamming down the top of the pins is because the table drive wasn't latching?
                  Despends sometimes an incorrect gap will allow the fingers to close and then not re open if there is no gap, but yeah you're right there if the gap is too large the fingers won't close properly, but that won't have any ill effect on the table spotting if your shifter link is adjusted correctly as the fingers will open as it spots.

BUT...... old me.... yeah If the roll pin was to snap in the top latch in the table drive that would just prevent it from going down to spot height at the deck....

BTW Grit, I hope you didnt think I was having a go at ya buddy??

Comment

no no Pin_Head, just trying to learn from the better mechanics out, there that's all.

Comment

If a rollpin in the table drive latch breaks (depending on when and what position the latch is in) the table will always or never do a long stroke.....very annoying too!

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
                        If a rollpin in the table drive latch breaks (depending on when and what position the latch is in) the table will always or never do a long stroke.....very annoying too!
                        I drilled out all my small roll pins to the next size. That and two large washers from Fleetfarm in place of the spring washer makes the table drive trouble free.

Comment

Yeah, the tiny rollpins are a total menace!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse