Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table legs

Replaced my first ever yoke leg today since the spring had ripped through the hole. Now I've got (most) all of it back together, and all screwed up.
    my issues are as follows:

#1 cam follower: the cam follower that rides inside the Actuator Arm 090-005-554 bracket (looks like a small table clevis) is not sitting in the bottom while the cups are laid back. I disconnected the lightning rod, spot and respot rods to see if that helped but no joy. The Actuator Arm is sitting at roughly 7 O'clock and it is keyed in.

#2 the fingers are not able to close or lock: I reset the pawl finger gap and the cam follower clearance on the shifter link while at spot height and as I went to close the fingers and make sure all the pins were going to be picked up correctly I noticed that none of them lock and the tension is extreme. While repeating this and looking for the bind I noticed the cups are starting to rotate. with the spot and respot rods disconnected the fingers are locking fine.

#3 lightning rod: I took it apart at the headpin to see if I could get the Actuator Arm to rotate back to vertical, and I am having difficulty putting it back together. the brackets are keyed in so all you can do is move the bar, as I go to push the pin it its binding and pushing the whole bushing back out. GRRRR!
    When you know what to do, everything is easy.

you could have that part (090-005-554), or in the 70's book (070-002-624) reversed.
    amf 82-70
    B2000
    quibca

Comment

Originally posted by dothan View Post
      you could have that part (090-005-554), or in the 70's book (070-002-624) reversed.
      I agree. If that actuator is put in backwards the cups won't tilt right and if the actuator cam follower cannot go almost all the way down in it, it can leave the spot latch locked onto the spot lever, causing the cups to want to tilt while the table is trying to respot pins- which whenever the cups are tilting the respot cells will not close/lock onto the pins. Look at another table (that is working fine) noting which way the key slot in the actuator link goes when it is on the shaft and compare it to this one- I bet this one is backwards.

Comment

See, I've always said that nothing is hard if you know what you are doing. putting things on backwards sure makes it seem like I don't.
        I laughed when i changed the thing out cuz it only took total an hour and a half which included rebuilding the other leg cuz the uniball bearing was shot; but then nothing was working right. I'll probably have to go redo all the table adjustments cuz I played with other things and made it worse... Thanks fellas.

What about the goddang lightning rod not wanting to line up? just talk to it with a pin hammer?
        When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

Most likely the pin has worn for the lightning rod (tie link) and when they get like that they can be a real bitch to put back in, like you are experiencing (you try to force it through and it just pushes the bushing out). You can try to fight with it using a hammer, or just put in a new pin and bushing, lube it and be done. If you choose to fight with it using a hammer, just be careful.

Comment

I have put that thing on backwards before. It took me hours to find out what the problem was.
            I did it on the first re built table assembly I did when I rebuilt all 32 last summer.
            mistakes happen
            A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
            - Albert Einstein

Comment

Easy to make that mistake. Best thing I can tell anyone to do when changing something like that is to put the machine next to it down so you can use it as a guide. I never did like doing the same job over a second time

Comment

before i remove the actuator i put a spot of white out on top so it goes back it them same.
                amf 82-70
                B2000
                quibca

Comment

with the accuator in the upright position, the key slot goes toward the rear of the machine.
                  Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse