Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's right ANOTHER dizzy problem

Hi everyone,
    I have alane that is causing premature ageing and early baldness..... it is an odd (RH) lane, and what is happening is that when base first pins come up the pin guide rail, most of them tend to roll off the side of the dizzy. Head first pins are fine just the base first ones are causing untold amounts of hurt!!!.. If run with 2 spacers underneath the on the post they roll off, take em out and have NO spacers they roll off. If I move the o pan back as close as possible to the pinwheel without hitting it they roll off, if I move o pan out away from the pinwheel they roll off, and no matter where i adjust the guide rail to... you guessed it they roll off. This is absolutely doing my freakin' head in. Oh yeah has done exactly the same thing with 2 different distributors.... I tried using a dizzy belt guide tried without....

Any ideas would be great folks, after that my next idea is stick my head in a bucket of water and count to 10,000

Cheers Brett....
    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Dizzy a little low? How does the tip of the kidney to the pan look? BTW, skip the water. Dunk your head in a bucket of lager and count to 20
    Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

yep good ole buttfirst pins. on a few lanes, 5 and 33 most recently; I've taken a pair of vice grips for each hand and bent the O-pan up so the pins can't roll over it. I'm not really sure why they do that either, I replumbed both lanes and they kept rolling off.

If you don't feel like bending the O-pan, there is a picture somewhere on here, using sheet metal screws to make a bracket and screwing it onto the problem side so the pins can't roll off.
      When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

Distributor has to be level. Generally a kidney adjustment (guide rail). Bending the orientation pan will just cause problems for you, like impeding the pins from making the right turn. Look at it this way............the machine was designed and built to run so you should not have to do any bending of parts.

Comment

Bending a pan is a bad idea.
          Stahls sells a bolt on piece to the side of the dist these work well.
          Add a pan cloth the slow the pin down.
          Simply clamp a pair of vice grips to the end of the pan so a rollong off pin will hit the vise grip handle instead of rolling off.
          I have had success with all of these suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietenpol View Post
            Dizzy a little low? How does the tip of the kidney to the pan look? BTW, skip the water. Dunk your head in a bucket of lager and count to 20
            It's a brand spankin' new guide rail, and no matter where I set it I get the same reslut
            AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Can you take a video of it running a load in the bin and post it?
              Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietenpol View Post
                Can you take a video of it running a load in the bin and post it?

I can sure as hell give it a try, would the video from an iPhone work? as I don't have a video camera..

Comment

Look at it this way............the machine was designed and built to run so you should not have to do any bending of parts.[/QUOTE]

It was'nt designed with 40' of oil and 18-23 ml house shots. Oil to the pindecks in 5 frames and that continues until after midnight. I bend the ears on the pan, I put a rubber pad on the pan, and I have made a down rod bracket similar to the Stahl's one but alittle different.

Comment

Originally posted by rivmike View Post
                    Look at it this way............the machine was designed and built to run so you should not have to do any bending of parts.
                    It was'nt designed with 40' of oil and 18-23 ml house shots. Oil to the pindecks in 5 frames and that continues until after midnight. I bend the ears on the pan, I put a rubber pad on the pan, and I have made a down rod bracket similar to the Stahl's one but alittle different.[/QUOTE]

Do you have any photos of that mate? So I can see what ya mean?

Comment

I removed the rear belt runner part #070-006-042, and slowed the pinwheels down using a 5" pulley here. No longer a issue
                      amf 82-70
                      B2000
                      quibca

Comment

Mike I agree. But I have always run about 45' of oil on my lanes and have pretty heavy oil out there. I keep the pans and kidneys clean and really don't have any trouble with orientation. I take care of 88 machines and lane beds and it seems to work for me. I have always found that if you keep it original it works, but that is just my opinion. Hey, you run Mendes? Do you have the 13" lower monitiors with touch screen? I have a friend that is in need of some of those monitors if you know of a supplier.

Comment

Originally posted by dothan View Post
                          I removed the rear belt runner part #070-006-042, and slowed the pinwheels down using a 5" pulley here. No longer a issue

I have seen mention of that many times here before, what exactly is the idea behind removing the belt running? What does it acheive/cause/fix etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Pin_Head View Post
                            what exactly is the idea behind removing the belt runners
                            Cut down on Fish-Tailing/Over Orienting of pins when they come out of the pinwheel. Allowing the pin to sink lower, allowing pan to straighten pin out. Never had any issues doing it, and doesn't matter how oily lanes are, pins will orient like a champ. JMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Coors View Post
                              Cut down on Fish-Tailing/Over Orienting of pins when they come out of the pinwheel. Allowing the pin to sink lower, allowing pan to straighten pin out. Never had any issues doing it, and doesn't matter how oily lanes are, pins will orient like a champ. JMHO

I guess eeeing as at this point NOTHING has worked, that certainly can't hurt giving it a go, I shall do that this week either this arvo or tomorrow and will post back the outcome....

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse