Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8270 acting like it's on second ball

we have 8270 pinsetters with quibica scoring. out of the blue, for 4 or 5 frames the pinsetter thinks it's on second ball and sweeps away the spare that is left. we have determined it is not to be scoring as the scorer stays on second ball and we have changed vdb, camera board and fbox. any ideas? thanks

After it spots pins when it is doing this, is it 2nd ball light on , on the masking unit? I was thinking making a cam/switch issue not changing it back to 1st ball from time to time.... maybe like a timing issue with your TA2 and SA???
    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

masking unit does not show 1 or 2nd ball. but the scorer shows on second ball after the first ball is thrown, just like it should, it even shows the spare that was left.

Comment

Which chassis?
        Go Pirates

Comment

Make sure it's not going through a foul cycle. When installed, some folks didn't want the foul signal hooked to the scorer, but it would still be hooked into the machine.
          This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
            Make sure it's not going through a foul cycle. When installed, some folks didn't want the foul signal hooked to the scorer, but it would still be hooked into the machine.
            Yes, unless the scoring is setup to accept the foul signal, if it is still hooked up to the machine yet the scoring is set to ignore a foul, it won't score a foul but the machine will still run a foul cycle.

Comment

the whole foul thing, wouldn't that mean the the bowler is going over the foul line, if that's the case then it's not the case here.

Comment

Unless the foul unit is malfunctioning, causing a foul signal to be sent to the machine yet nobody has crossed the foul line.

Comment

yeah....just like i answered yeterday about this in the scoring section..... i feel like rodney....NOOO respect. guess ill never get tech of year...lol
                  Why yes, we wax them everyday!

Comment

Originally posted by AMF_JEFF
                    yeah....just like i answered yeterday about this in the scoring section..... i feel like rodney....NOOO respect. guess ill never get tech of year...lol
                    I respect ya both, brotha!
                    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

going to disconnect the foul unit today here's hoping. this thing is pissing us off

thanks all!!

Comment

well we disconnected the wires to the fbox last night and it didn't happen. here's hoping we go through tonight and this weekend, then we will know. THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!

Comment

Stupid foul lights!

So now if it doesn't happen the thing to do would be move the Fbox to another pair, hook it all up and see what happens. If memory serves, the Fbox has several relays for various things and it's possible the foul input relay was bad.

Comment

Guys, the Fbox accepts the foul input to display it on the monitor. If the Fbox was causing the issue, it would because there is a wire pair that you can hook up to switch the machine from 1st to 2nd ball. It is a relay closure. So you can just disconnect the 2 output wires to test it.
                            FboxPinoutsCropped.jpg
                            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

I have had foul unit wires from the unit to the AMC box be shorted...I disconnected all foul wires at the unit.....bowlers do not foul anyway

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse