Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Bounce Boards

What revisions/parts/mfg. for bounce boards are being used? The norm seems to be 2 channels, 2 t-bars, 1 angle. Anyone found a better way?

Thats what I use with no problems.
    If it cant be fixed with a hammer, use a bowling pin.

Comment

I have had good success with that setup plus using the 090 boards and 5/16 bolts instead of the 1/4
      70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
      Prolane Walker sport

Comment

Originally posted by keeth View Post
        I have had good success with that setup plus using the 090 boards and 5/16 bolts instead of the 1/4
        Same here.

Comment

Yeah I do exactly teh same and I'm with you guys the 5/16" bolt is far better than using a 1/4" one..
          AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

We always used 1/4" GR 8 with Flexloc nuts and medium strength Loctite ( #242 ). We did go to GR 5 1/2" bolts installed with #242 and a 1/2" breaker bar in the bounce board brackets.
            The 5/16" bolts make sense.

Comment

1/2" bolts on the bounce board itself? Or do you mean the bracket in the machine, you up sized the 3/8 hole to accommodate a 1/2" bolt?
              When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

The 090 bounceboards have larger holes in all the locations except where the vibration dampeners go to accomodate the larger bolts.

Comment

I never understood why the T-bars stopped short of the entire length of the bouce plates, other than they were designed to fail. So I ditched the T-bars and got some 2"
                  U-channel and made a jig to build pit frames that are one piece and extend all the way to the vibration dampeners. We also beefed up our support brackets, cuz they too seemed to be designed to fail. It's been about 5 years now without a pit issue.

Picture 002.jpg
                  I can't even spell Brunsw-ick anymore!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pinfeed View Post
                    I never understood why the T-bars stopped short of the entire length of the bouce plates, other than they were designed to fail. So I ditched the T-bars and got some 2"
                    U-channel and made a jig to build pit frames that are one piece and extend all the way to the vibration dampeners. We also beefed up our support brackets, cuz they too seemed to be designed to fail. It's been about 5 years now without a pit issue.

That's pretty funky mate I like it... see this is why I worship you guys being such a newbie compared to you I wouldn't have thought of that...
                    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Originally posted by Grit View Post
                      1/2" bolts on the bounce board itself? Or do you mean the bracket in the machine, you up sized the 3/8 hole to accommodate a 1/2" bolt?
                      Sorry, I didn't make it very clear. I was talking about the bounce board mounting brakcet that's bolted to the side of the machine. This was before the brackets with the longer legs that rest on the lip of the side of the machine.

Comment

Originally posted by pinfeed View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2029[/ATTACH]
                        The bounce board bracing has evolved from 1 channel and 3 angles to 2 channels 1 angle and 2 T-bars . Each one presented failures at the end of the bracing.
                        It just seems that something like you've done or staggered bracing or adding shock absorbing material would prolong BB failure.
                        I do like the middle brace as it ties the 2 1/2's together which should spread the shock over both boards.

What size steel did you use?

Comment

oh in that case, i added one inch and 3/4 unc bolts instead of the fiddly, easy to round off, 3/4 unf bolts (5/16 dia- 1/2 inch spanner)

Comment

Originally posted by NeverSeenThat View Post
                            What size steel did you use?
                            2 1/4" X 1" X 1/8"...Stahl's sells them to replace your T-bars. But this didn't solve my issue with broken bounce plates. I tried extending them in my R & D. This proved to be too much work cuz I had to build 37 of these. So I punted on that idea and went to a welding shop and had them made the correct length. (47 5/8") The center support is just a piece of the same channel. The extra thickness is there to fill the gap cuz it had to be bent.
                            I can't even spell Brunsw-ick anymore!!!

Comment

We use channel on ours with 5/16 bolts also. This has worked well for us.
                              bounce2.JPGbounce.JPG
                              Peanut

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Table cutting off before the end of the cycle

I have one lane that has been giving me trouble lately. It used to be every once in awhile but now it is happening every cycle. Start 1st ball cycle, sweep drops does the usual...

ETU diagnostic tool

I've posted before about wanting to try and figure out how to fix these trigger boards we have. I'm trying to map the thing out and create a schematic, but it's slow going, especially...

Gutter Straps

Hey everyone, I hope someone can direct me in the right direction. I'm looking to find either a part number or someone willing to part with some.gutter straps. I have plastic...

AMF 82-90XL BE Gearbox seals part number cross reference.

I have spent a few hours cross checking part numbers for my 82-90xl's Back end gearboxes. I have found that most auto part stores carry these seals for a fraction of the price...

Roller Clutch issue

Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X