Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chassis question?

I'm doing sevice work at a 10 lane center. They have a mix of 6 SS chassis with creative solutions boards and 4 MP chassis with 2 different style bds, 2 spare SS chassis (1 working) and 1spare MP chassis (not working) with 1spare board (working). They are also running AcuscoreII and all are short X cycle and sweep rev on gutter - 1 pin count There is not a lot of money and I would like to see 1 style with a couple spare chassis. All of the chassis need work (contactors, wire nuts, pins ,sockets, blocks), my question is which way to go to have 1 style of chassis

Whats wrong with the MP Chassis?
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

I would go with all SS Chassis if possible

Comment

Thread: Dutch's _8270_5_board_chassis.doc

Do a Search
        If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

82 70

Chassis Cleanup Do a search

Comment

Question-82/70 SS Chassis Do a Search

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
              I would go with all SS Chassis if possible
              You know, I totally love the MP chassis, so much room in there to work. It's a really good chassis but it can also be VERY touchy sometimes. A good SS chassis, eventhough it is cramped in there (you can clean it up a little), with the right board conversion is a real tank and will damn near last forever- and they are not tempermental either. In fact I have 50 of these damn things still running without so much as a peep, and they are at least 35-40 years old, I think proves they are very good. The only issues we ever have (and you would think with 50 of these running it would be a lot but actually happens very infrequently) with them are contactors wearing out and sometimes C1 pins but on any chassis that is normal so I would not even count that at all. I want to upgrade to the MP just so our main 50 and separate 9 lanes all are the same (the private lanes are MPs) and so the scoring will short cycle in the main center but I think a better idea would be for them to spend the money on the expander upgrade for the SS chassis.

Comment

Same here, SS chasis with new contactors and omega-tek (or other) with new gold c1 pins. Backend motor pins doubled up or bypassed, you can go 10 yrs. for sure. MP's are'nt as user friendly, ( with pinchaser type people) and any power issues.
                Last edited by rivmike; 03-18-2012, 06:28 PM.

Comment

One thing I don't like about the MPs is once the cycle starts it's locked in until it's done. With the SS chassis that is not the case. If I want to stop it mid cycle or before the time delay runs out I just press the stepper button, or if the sweep is at 270 and I want it to go to zero, stepper button.

Comment

Solid states with MK-70's and expanders... Can't go wrong, we'd pull maybe one chassis a year if that for something other than replacing sweep or table contacts. They rule, just run and run with no issues
                    All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
                      One thing I don't like about the MPs is once the cycle starts it's locked in until it's done. With the SS chassis that is not the case. If I want to stop it mid cycle or before the time delay runs out I just press the stepper button, or if the sweep is at 270 and I want it to go to zero, stepper button.
                      That's what I meant by pin chasers people, bartender, or the long time bowler that worked there 20 yrs. ago, easily screwed up by wrong button pushing.

Comment

I agree with all SS chassis but the last time I tried to buy SS chassis for a spare they were hard to find. Maybe someone out there is in the same situation?

Comment

We run MPs with very few problems, and we go thru them fully once every 2 weeks.
                          IT'S CARNIVAL TIME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mardigras View Post
                            We run MPs with very few problems, and we go thru them fully once every 2 weeks.
                            What is going thru ?

Comment

We run SS with a mix of omega tek and xop. Every 3months I try to inspect C1 pins especially. Other than the occasional contactor change they are bullet proof.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse