Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no ball lights!

got a lane that is not happy. 82-70 with s.s. chassis. when the machine gets power 1st,2nd, and strike light all light up for about a tenth of a second then turn off, all of them. can not get them to come back for the life of me. not the green plug, went through c1 & 2 machine side, different chassis and still the same result. i am sure i am looking for something grounding out somewhere but thought i would ask the community their thoughts. maybe someone has had this problem before and knows the solution. any help would be great. thanks ahead of time.
    watch out, they're everywhere!

Check masking unit connections.
    IT'S CARNIVAL TIME!!!

Comment

New one for me but if its not the board there may be a screw or something grounding the heatsink under T1 or there may be an issue with the klixon. I have seen all the ball lights flash once sometimes when the machine turns on but everything else is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam
        New one for me but if its not the board there may be a screw or something grounding the heatsink under T1 or there may be an issue with the klixon. I have seen all the ball lights flash once sometimes when the machine turns on but everything else is fine.

Klixon will cycle on & off until it's shot - usual cycle time - 10-20 seconds. The Klixon is probably shot by now - which is probably why you aren't seeing any lights at this point. Take it out of the chassis & inspect the innards. 2 copper looking discs inside - if it's shot, you'll see the discoloration or the burns better yet, check it with a meter for continuity.

Find that screw or shorted diode.
        I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

But the OP said different chassis, same result.... Whether or not it was a known working chassis put in place is another story.
          "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

yea tried 3 known good chassis on this lane. i still have not found the problem yet but hopefully soon.

Comment

Well if all these chassis have working ball lights on other machines then on this machine it must be an issue between the connection on the chassis to the mask.

Comment

Could be bad ground to frame.
                "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

finally figured it out. had to cut away a foot or so of the insulation to find 4 wires that were fused together. seperated them and ball lights came back. thanks for the help.

Comment

Which 4 wires?
                    Charley
                    82-70's SS Chassis Omega-Tek w/expanders
                    2009 Qubica scoring 3QT's and 6 box.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse