Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double shuttleing

i have amf 90xli with the metal frame for the bin assembly and i have a lane that is double shuttling the 7 pin i replaced a side tube long because it was bent now everything seems to be straight but its still double shutting???

Pin holders ok? Is the bin strap broken or missing? Have you serviced the shuttle rod? Also check the distance between shuttle and bins with the 6519 guage. These are a few things that can cause a double shuttle.

Comment

Did you check stop bolt on shuttle actuating lever?

Comment

One thing I recently did was replace ALL the springs on my shuttle drive rods, I was getting a bucket load of double shuttles no matter how I adjusted the shuttle, I noticed most of my springs were about 5 1/2" after changing to the proper 6" springs all good very very few double shuttles.....
        AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Originally posted by oppel View Post
          i have amf 90xli with the metal frame for the bin assembly and i have a lane that is double shuttling the 7 pin i replaced a side tube long because it was bent now everything seems to be straight but its still double shutting???
          When the table goes up (right at shuttle) what is the distance between the bin and the cups? The cup ears should be touching the bin bumper stems or whatever you would call them.

Comment

Good point Pin_Head, I've been changing a few lately too, found some springs 1/2" too short and very easy to compress... Some were behaving where each pin would progressively compress the rod further and further.

Comment

Originally posted by rivmike View Post
              When the table goes up (right at shuttle) what is the distance between the bin and the cups? The cup ears should be touching the bin bumper stems or whatever you would call them.
              I agree with Mike. The further the distance between the cups and the bin at zero, the greater the chance of double shuttling. After ripping my hair out solving double shuttle problems, I've learned that checking my table adjustments is critical. Making sure that it's leveled properly, it's at the correct height, table toe is set correctly, etc. My previous center, the pindecks were cut many times and most of the machines were in desperate need of lowering, causing the tables to get further away from the bins to meet the 5/16" measurement from the deck on spotting. I'm not sure that would apply in your case having 90xli's being newer machines (not having that many cuts on the lanes as machines that have been installed during the early 70's)

Comment

The problem you are seeing with the shuttle spring is because the spring has 'taken a set'. When the spring is compressed to solid height (compressed all the way), it takes a set and won't return to its' original length. This has recently been corrected with a new spring that will not take a set like the old one did.

The old spring (070006306) is still available at this point (but I don't expect it will be for too much longer). The new spring can be purchased either as a complete assembly (088001631), or if you wish to purchase the necessary components separately, the spring is 088001632, and the stepped washers are 088001630 and 629.
                Regards,

Billy T
                [email protected]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse