Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dropping second head pin through the bin

Running 8270's I am dropping the head pin out of the cup when setting a rack this is the second head pin in the bin that is falling through all the table adjustments all correct any advise

Try shortening your shuttle connecting rod a couple of turns. Make sure all pins shuttle after this adjustment. Also check that the shuttle "fins" at the head pin aren't spread too wide that would mean your shuttle tubes are bent.
    If it cant be fixed with a hammer, use a bowling pin.

Comment

Lower the high side of the head pin glides 1 inch by drilling new holes

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
        Lower the high side of the head pin glides 1 inch by drilling new holes
        With the headpin guide tracks in the original position sometimes if the pin does not come off the distributor clean it will stand up in the bin and can jam in the table, breaking stuff or follow the first pin through the shuttle. You can go around adjusting everything until it feeds this pin perfect but that's a lot of work risking screwing something up somewhere else with the distributors. Lower the guide tracks and this will never happen again, all my machines are like this and this is never an issue. With the tracks lower the pin enters the bin flatter so its impossible for it to stand up.

The only thing you have to watch out for is when the pin lays down in the bin it should not be held up by the guide rollers at the end, the pin should come off the distributor, roll down the track then completely lay in the bin. If it hangs up a little on the bottom rollers just add a washer or two between the guide tracks and the bin stringers at the top bolt, this will bring the tops of the guides closer together but will also spread out the bottoms giving the pin more room to lay down in there. I have had to add washers to a few of mine its no big deal really.

Comment

Different problem but if people have the guide bolts pull through the stringer, Stahl's has a special washer to fix it. ( hole filler)

Comment

Originally posted by clutchplate View Post
            Try shortening your shuttle connecting rod a couple of turns. Make sure all pins shuttle after this adjustment. Also check that the shuttle "fins" at the head pin aren't spread too wide that would mean your shuttle tubes are bent.
            Shorten the rod?? Don't you lengthen it to stop double shuttles? shorter means shuttle sits further forward making it easier for 2nd pin to drop through???
            AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

If there are two pins in that bin pocket, then yes as stated previously check pin holders, pin butts and tubes. If its coming off the distributor as said by tj then I would be checking the distributor head height at the rear of the bin, I like no more than 1/4" clearance from belt guard to the bolt for the 9pin lever, closer the better.

Comment

This is a good idea, lowering the #1 guide tracks...

This is how it will feed the pins, notice they don't want to flop, bounce, or stand up
                Not my best video but it shows my point. And in case you are wondering this lane almost never has pileups

Comment

So just the rear bolt is lowered.. what is the best measurement to use from the original hole? 1" said before??

Comment

This is how I have done it but everyone has their own way.

LOTO

Loosen the front bolt slightly and remove the rear bolt.

Place the respot cell guage under the guide on the headpin pin head spacer flat so that the edge of the guage lines up with the back edge of the pin head spacer longways this will give you 5/16" clearance as you don't want the guide resting on the spacer

Push down to lower the guide until it rests on the guage then through the hole in the stringer mark on the guide where you will drill the hole

Remove the guide from the machine drill the hole then install repeat on the other guide

Run pins through it several times to see if you need to add washers

By using the respot cell/cup/shuttle guage to mark the hole on both of them you will end up with them both sitting at the same height because the measurement will be the same

Comment

Originally posted by Pin_Head View Post
                      Shorten the rod?? Don't you lengthen it to stop double shuttles? shorter means shuttle sits further forward making it easier for 2nd pin to drop through???
                      You are correct!! Just making sure everyone is paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by rivmike View Post
                        Different problem but if people have the guide bolts pull through the stringer, Stahl's has a special washer to fix it. ( hole filler)
                        I had some of these and they work great. Whats the part#?

Comment

You are correct!! Just making sure everyone is paying attention.
                          DING DING DING so do I win the booby prize lol
                          AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

I had some of these and they work great. Whats the part#?

http://www.tuffyparts.com/tuffy/default.html

The part number is.....THC..."Tuffy Hole Closer"

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
                              http://www.tuffyparts.com/tuffy/default.html

The part number is.....THC..."Tuffy Hole Closer"
                              Thank You TJ

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Table cutting off before the end of the cycle

I have one lane that has been giving me trouble lately. It used to be every once in awhile but now it is happening every cycle. Start 1st ball cycle, sweep drops does the usual...

ETU diagnostic tool

I've posted before about wanting to try and figure out how to fix these trigger boards we have. I'm trying to map the thing out and create a schematic, but it's slow going, especially...

Gutter Straps

Hey everyone, I hope someone can direct me in the right direction. I'm looking to find either a part number or someone willing to part with some.gutter straps. I have plastic...

AMF 82-90XL BE Gearbox seals part number cross reference.

I have spent a few hours cross checking part numbers for my 82-90xl's Back end gearboxes. I have found that most auto part stores carry these seals for a fraction of the price...

Roller Clutch issue

Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X