Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny now, but not at the time.

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Funny now, but not at the time.

    I was doing some training today at a local center and myself and a young pinchaser were rebuilding a distributor clutch. I had the clutch on the bench with the new worm and outer clutchplate(old ones were toast). As he comes to the shop he grabs a hammer and starts hitting the new clutchplate. I said what the fu#@ are you doing this is a new plate, and then he starts argung with me that its the old one, I said NO, its the new one. Then Im thinking who cares if it old or new, why are you hitting it anyways? I think I have 14 more grey hairs then when I started.
    If it cant be fixed with a hammer, use a bowling pin.

  • #2
    Did he also then proceed to put the worm on backwards on the machine?

    Comment


    • #3
      He isn't a Brunswick pinchaser is he? That is the rule of thumb with those bad boys....if it don't work hit it with a hammer hahahaha
      AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by clutchplate View Post
        I was doing some training today at a local center and myself and a young pinchaser were rebuilding a distributor clutch. I had the clutch on the bench with the new worm and outer clutchplate(old ones were toast). As he comes to the shop he grabs a hammer and starts hitting the new clutchplate. I said what the fu#@ are you doing this is a new plate, and then he starts argung with me that its the old one, I said NO, its the new one. Then Im thinking who cares if it old or new, why are you hitting it anyways? I think I have 14 more grey hairs then when I started.
        With the new plates pounding on the might make them better. LOL (nasty warp right out of the package)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
          Did he also then proceed to put the worm on backwards on the machine?
          Or even better reverse the backend motor where you can and watch the worm pieces fly as the plate flattens out
          70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
          Prolane Walker sport

          Comment


          • #6
            In fact, this place had the ball wipes on so long without changing them that the dirt was so thick you could actually peel it off in strips. Guess what we did today? We also pulled off the dust traps and vacuumed between machines.
            If it cant be fixed with a hammer, use a bowling pin.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by clutchplate View Post
              In fact, this place had the ball wipes on so long without changing them that the dirt was so thick you could actually peel it off in strips. Guess what we did today? We also pulled off the dust traps and vacuumed between machines.
              Don't ya love when the ball wipers get to the point they are putting more crap ON the ball than off it.....

              At a previous centre I worked in before I started there they had removed the dust traps as they "kept filling with crap" so we got rid of them ..... GOLD I tell ya GOLD!!!!
              AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

              Comment


              • #8
                Hey at $25 an hour and local I will do anything no mater how simple it may be. The worst shape it is the longer the job will be.
                If it cant be fixed with a hammer, use a bowling pin.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by keeth View Post
                  Or even better reverse the backend motor where you can and watch the worm pieces fly as the plate flattens out
                  Thats exactly why we had to change the worm and outer plate. Dont know how long it was running like this. Pinchaser states that it was jammimg about 10 times a day. GEE I wonder why.
                  If it cant be fixed with a hammer, use a bowling pin.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by clutchplate View Post
                    I was doing some training today at a local center and myself and a young pinchaser were rebuilding a distributor clutch. I had the clutch on the bench with the new worm and outer clutchplate(old ones were toast). As he comes to the shop he grabs a hammer and starts hitting the new clutchplate. I said what the fu#@ are you doing this is a new plate, and then he starts argung with me that its the old one, I said NO, its the new one. Then Im thinking who cares if it old or new, why are you hitting it anyways? I think I have 14 more grey hairs then when I started.
                    Sounds like you gotta lock out/tag out hammers...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by rivmike View Post
                      With the new plates pounding on the might make them better. LOL (nasty warp right out of the package)
                      I couldn't agree more.
                      I can't even spell Brunsw-ick anymore!!!

                      Comment

                      Topic Starter RibbonScript

                      Collapse

                      Adsense Classic 2

                      Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                       

                      Table cutting off before the end of the cycle

                      I have one lane that has been giving me trouble lately. It used to be every once in awhile but now it is happening every cycle. Start 1st ball cycle, sweep drops does the usual...
                       

                      ETU diagnostic tool

                      I've posted before about wanting to try and figure out how to fix these trigger boards we have. I'm trying to map the thing out and create a schematic, but it's slow going, especially...
                       

                      Gutter Straps

                      Hey everyone, I hope someone can direct me in the right direction. I'm looking to find either a part number or someone willing to part with some.gutter straps. I have plastic...
                       

                      AMF 82-90XL BE Gearbox seals part number cross reference.

                      I have spent a few hours cross checking part numbers for my 82-90xl's Back end gearboxes. I have found that most auto part stores carry these seals for a fraction of the price...
                       

                      Roller Clutch issue

                      Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either...
                       

                      Another pivot bearing broke.

                      One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                      Working...
                      X