Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball delay and other problems

82-70 with 90/xl conversion silver box 110volt chassis. problem is with mcu. It randomly changes ball/cycle delay from default (0) to over 1 second. Massive amounts of deadwood calls ensue. This happens on random lanes and different times of the day. Sometimes I can switch back to 0 and sometimes I get error 3 (communication error) and can not code or turn lanes on. Changed ports on mcu still problem. Lanes 1-8 work fine so not the home run cable. Switched chassis around and chassis to chassis cable and still have problem. Amf says this cant happen never heard of it before. A mcu cant just change a ball delay signal without someone coding it. Well it is happening. There are two home run cables. 1-32 and 33-50. problem is only on 1-32 lanes. But again lanes 1-8 are fine and switching chassis on 7-8 and also 9-10 with a good one from say 37-38 or changing the chassis to chassis cable does nothing. Very freaking weird. Anyone ever see something like this before ? Any ideas ? I am down to sending the mcu in for repair as amf doesn't have any spare to send me.

You should be able to eliminate the MCU from this problem by switching the ports if you aren't seeing this on the high side. If you still the the problem on the low side after changing ports, that indicates to me that it is not an MCU problem. I would be more prone to believe this problem to be internal to the chassis. The err3 code is clearly not coming from the MCU.
    Regards,

Billy T
    bthompson@qubicaamf.us

Comment

I did switch ports and no success. The err3 code still showed up after changing chassis.The chassis were switched and ran fine on high side of the house. I took the MCU out entirely and had no trouble over the weekend. Only way to code chassis for ball delay is to switch a chassis that isn't affected and recode it after putting it on high side. Why would multiple chassis all of a sudden switch ball delay ? And by multiple I am talking about seven of them. Thank you for your reply Billy.

Comment

Something I'd try, just for ****s and giggles. Put the power input for the MCU on a UPS. One center here in central IN had issues when the power co switched sources in the evening, and the lane computers witnessed a momentary brown-out that wasn't even noticed by staff or customers. But a UPS on the lane computer circuits cured the issue.
        I've seen surges as well as brown outs do stupid things with serial communications. In fact, it's relatively common for surges to change the setups in a serial terminal so it doesn't communicate with the server machine. The MCU communicates serially with the pinspotter chassis'.
        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

As far as the err3 code, this is due to a break in the communications line. It could happen at the chassis itself, or most commonly at the daisy chain cable.
          Regards,

Billy T
          bthompson@qubicaamf.us

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
          Working...
          X