• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that make you go, hmmmmmm

IMAG0435.jpg

IMAG0437.jpg

IMAG0438.jpg

PinCup
    We leave our greatest mark on this earth with the quality of our craftsmanship.

I do believe the same guy worked here a few years ago...................

Comment

Pin Cup, It looks as if a bird has sh$t on your pinion and inner plate.

Comment

Stopped the chattering

Comment

I must resist the urge to put it on a machine, just to see if it works.

Now, I understand the need to make do with what you have, and I have welded and ground/filed the clutch plate to regain proper fit, but I never dreamed of trying to weld the pinion to it.

Is it worth the time to put it on just to see what happens?
          PinCup
          We leave our greatest mark on this earth with the quality of our craftsmanship.

Comment

Originally posted by PinCup View Post
            I must resist the urge to put it on a machine, just to see if it works.

Now, I understand the need to make do with what you have, and I have welded and ground/filed the clutch plate to regain proper fit, but I never dreamed of trying to weld the pinion to it.

Is it worth the time to put it on just to see what happens?
            PinCup
            If it's not crooked it should work, harder to line up the dots.

Comment

if it was welded at 90 degrees. put an enviro pinion in it, or the AMF Black version, and should run a lifetime. No worries about slop and wobble as the plate rocks against pinion.

Comment

I vote T-File.
                I can't even spell Brunsw-ick anymore!!!

Comment

"What the hell?"

-and-

"Why?"

-and-

"Um, NO!"

If the same person that did this worked on the machines what other nasty surprises might there be?

Comment

We have been testing 10 plates with the pinion welded to them for a year now and I see no downside yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
                      If the same person that did this worked on the machines what other nasty surprises might there be?

...That weld just didn't look like it was holding much judging from the pic.
                      Last edited by pinfeed; 03-31-2012, 09:42 PM.
                      I can't even spell Brunsw-ick anymore!!!

Comment

I have seen someone weld the frontroller, so it wouldnt move back and forth .
                        Why yes, we wax them everyday!

Comment

Originally posted by AMF_JEFF View Post
                          I have seen someone weld the frontroller, so it wouldnt move back and forth .
                          That old chestnut hey..... yeah seen that a few times and ya think WTF?????
                          AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

PinHead, welding the Front Rollers was a common thing to do in the late 60's to Stop the "Freight Train" effect. Just imagine 24 lanes of Noisy Front Rollers and you get the effect.

One of the problems we had in the 60's was that the Front and Rear Rollers were Built in Australia at Pioneer Welding which was on The Hume Highway at Lansvale, those as well as The Pines of the lanes, was actually Ash wood, because of the requirement of having a certain percent of the Machines and Lanes had to be from Australia.

The main problem of the Front rollers is they never put in a Hole to grease the Hinges, therefore they were never Greased and they got the inevitable result. Add to that the fact we could hardly get Parts for the Machines and the cost of those parts was phenomanal, I will give you an example; I remember in about 1972 I was Head Tech at Hornsby and a Carpet cost $400.

I will tell you I never actually Welded a Front Roller, Terry Maloney, being my Head Tech, was removing the Welds over time as we could affort the parts, I'm pretty sure they all got done. I think it was done progressively over a few years, I was transferred to Hornsby in 71-72 than to Enfield than back to Fairfield and stayed to 1976, Terry was transferred to Enfield in 74 from memory.

Frank
                            always doing my best.

Comment

I admit I did that. Not a great weld but it was a old worn plate and pinion i was playing with. I wanted to see if the wobble would go away. I do believe it was on the bench, I never put it on. So Did you throw it out??? Lets try it out????? And there are no other nasty surprises. I have unlimited budget for parts, if needed I order it. I AM NOT ONE TO MICKEY MOUSE something. I may experiment but I do Not cut corners.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X