Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile Ball Return

Come in today and lanes 5/6 the lift motor will not run. Have power going to the circuit board but not out to the lift motor or blower. Circuit board smells toasty. The saftey switch works but doesn't stop the alarm when you push the flap down. The alarm goes off with the buttons and using the buttons to force on causes a beep. Cycle buttons work. So I am guessing the circuit board is fried. Can the blower and the motor all be wired wired together to get by until the new board comes in? I know I would lose the cycle buttons but that is better then loosing 2 out of 12 lanes.
    Well we're safe for now. Thank God we're in a Bowling Center.

Open the box with the curcuit board on it and tap the relay with the handle of a screwdriver or something. If youre lucky its just sticking. If ur unlucky the relay burned out the solder joints on the back side. Which means you have to change the whole board. If you have a good eye you can take a flashlight and look behind the board where the relay is soldered in and see if it did blow out its connections.

I worked at a center that apparently got a bad run of those circuit boards when they were installed. Do yourself a favor and order a couple of those boards just in case because Ive seen them catch fire when the relay decides to blow out and the board is obviously toast at that point
    Giving bowlers less to complain about, one lane at a time

Comment

I'm not 100% on the profile but the options has 2 fuses. 1 for the blower and 1 for the motor. There is a relay on our board that is notoriously bad at arcing to the case and burning up. Ill take some pics tomorrow and see if you have the same set up.
      When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish Bowl View Post
        Can the blower and the motor all be wired wired together to get by until the new board comes in? .
        Always, just Bypass Cirbuit Board with WireNuts. But will be always on or off. Easiest is to just turn CircuitBreaker to powerlift on in Morning, Off at closing.
        Last edited by Coors; 04-01-2012, 08:29 PM.

Comment

You definately know when one of those relays has burnt out, they absolutely stink! The smell goes through the whole building too if it burns up in a big way!
          Have had half a dozen of them go in as many years.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish Bowl View Post
            Come in today and lanes 5/6 the lift motor will not run. Have power going to the circuit board but not out to the lift motor or blower. Circuit board smells toasty. The saftey switch works but doesn't stop the alarm when you push the flap down. The alarm goes off with the buttons and using the buttons to force on causes a beep. Cycle buttons work. So I am guessing the circuit board is fried. Can the blower and the motor all be wired wired together to get by until the new board comes in? I know I would lose the cycle buttons but that is better then loosing 2 out of 12 lanes.
            Yes they can, I've done this a few times. The safety switch will also be bypassed if you do this. Only way to turn it off would be from the breaker. I wouldn't let it run like that very long, get a new board as soon as you can.
            Mike

Comment

Thanks I am ordering a board today overnight if possible so it is ready for league.

Comment

Originally posted by Grit View Post
                I'm not 100% on the profile but the options has 2 fuses. 1 for the blower and 1 for the motor.
                One of the fuses is for logic power. The motor is protected internally with a klixon (no fuse)
                Regards,

Billy T
                bthompson@qubicaamf.us

Comment

IMG_0008.jpgIMG_0009.jpg

it is possible to order and repair the relays on the boards just do a google for the numbers on the relay.

G8P-1A4P

you can temporarily fix it with a solder bridge but running a new wire on the back of the board is much better. You will need to be pretty handy with a soldering gun and remove the nylon nut to do this. I also use some "fishpaper" on the metal box to stop it from arcing to the metal case. Also a thanks to Billy for pointing out that the logic fuse does more than control the motor.
                  When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

Wow just got the bill for a new box. $400 for the box or $12 for a relay and shipping.

Comment

Easiest way is to ditch the PC board and use Ice Cube relays and sockets (like Brunswick Power Lifts)
                      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X