Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82/70 Cups Binding When Turning Over

At the University the students put in a spare table, I finished the installation went through all adjustments,
    when the table is lowering to spot the pins the cups seem to bind they turn over hard and the pins all fall
    over.I changed yokes and still have the same problem,no cups are rubbing the yoke, the cam followers are all
    in good shape,replaced the legs nothing seems to be binding, the only thing I have not tried is changing the
    lightning rod.Is it possible the table casting could be bad? I've never seen this before.It's hard to believe 2 yokes could be bad,but I guess it could be possible.
    If anyone has ever experienced this I'd appreciate it if you would tell me what you did to resolve the problem.
    Thanks Jim

Crank it through a spot cycle and see if you feel anything. Why did they change the table?

Comment

Sickle Cam too low? Need to adjust little 7/16" nutted rod maybe. Table Drive Bearing Herky Jerky?

Comment

could be too much spring tension on your cups? Mike's tip of running the table down and rocking the cups by hand has helped me quite a few times as I can feel and see if its an issue on the table or to look elsewhere.
        When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

Since two different yokes do the same thing its likely on the table or machine somewhere. A good starting point for the three yoke springs to set tension is with the table up the face of the screws that clamp the springs to the shafts should face the pindeck, usually this is good but may have to be fine tuned slightly. Also if the giant yoke spring on the front of the seven side does not have enough tension to hold the yoke forward as the cups tilt it can cause them to tilt violently and dump the pins, the eye bolt the spring hooks onto should be screwed as far in as it will go, also the hole in the yoke leg should not be totally worn out. If these things check out and there is no physical binding then re do the spotting adjustments. Another thing to watch out for is with the table all the way down in spotting at the point the cups start to pull back check the cam follower for the shifter cam, it should never be so tight that you cannot lift the shifter cam slightly and rotate the follower by hand, if it is tight shorten the short rod under the shifter cam until you get this then check or redo the respot adjustments. The bell crank stop could also be loose or broken in a way its not letting it travel far enough or the stop screw could be turned in too far, both can cause excessive tension on the shifter cam follower...but usually by then you would have a broken bellcrank or a pretzel rod under the shifter cam.
          Last edited by Tablejam; 04-02-2012, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
            The bell crank stop could also be loose or broken in a way its not letting it travel far enough or the stop screw could be turned in too far, both can cause excessive tension on the shifter cam follower...but usually by then you would have a broken bellcrank or a pretzel rod under the shifter cam.
            I know it's not boken I'm just hoping it is the in the bell crank assy. this is one of the few things I've replaced,Friday when I go in I will replace the whole assembly.Thanks TableJam

Comment

"At the University the students put in a spare table,"

Rear Table Legs on Backwards?
              If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

check the little u shaped cam set up on the yoke with the bearing thats in it. on the front of the yoke it is what activates the yoke to turn down. its on the 7 pin side up front. ive seen them be put in backwards and have a simalar issue as the cups dont turn down the right distance. usually though the cups will hit the yoke at rest and wont turn down far enough. ive also seen the casting on the lightning rod connections be bent. that will also efect every thing behind the bent one.

Comment

I am with lafarge

However...I would be in the pit with the table in respot position - and actuating the cups on with my hand...no bind there - the U shaped cup actuator is on backward

Comment

It's not the clevis I replaced it with a different one,and usually if it's on backwards you can't get the pins on spot.

Comment

Originally posted by felix View Post
                      "At the University the students put in a spare table,"

Rear Table Legs on Backwards?
                      Nope the yoke that is in now I put together,I still think it's in the table it self I find it hard to believe 2 different yokes would do the same thing.

Comment

There are only so many things that move on the table. If you have checked them all and still no go I would go back to the original table. Yippee Kay Yeah!!!!

Comment

Crank & Spot it Manually...What does it do then?
                          If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Originally posted by felix View Post
                            Crank & Spot it Manually...What does it do then?
                            I'll try it when I go in Friday.

Comment

I had that very same issue once on one of my tables, what it turned out to be in my case was, the 9 pin cup was hard up against the spring clamp, couldnt see what that would do but spaced it away from the clamp and **BAM** perfect spotting.... go figure....
                              AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Table cutting off before the end of the cycle

I have one lane that has been giving me trouble lately. It used to be every once in awhile but now it is happening every cycle. Start 1st ball cycle, sweep drops does the usual...

ETU diagnostic tool

I've posted before about wanting to try and figure out how to fix these trigger boards we have. I'm trying to map the thing out and create a schematic, but it's slow going, especially...

Gutter Straps

Hey everyone, I hope someone can direct me in the right direction. I'm looking to find either a part number or someone willing to part with some.gutter straps. I have plastic...

AMF 82-90XL BE Gearbox seals part number cross reference.

I have spent a few hours cross checking part numbers for my 82-90xl's Back end gearboxes. I have found that most auto part stores carry these seals for a fraction of the price...

Roller Clutch issue

Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X