Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS on 8270

Just curious to see what people are running across the country for FPS on an 8270. Most people have the wireless upgrade by now so I'm assuming it's with that.

Personally, back in October when I become manager the center was running at 75FPS and now we are at 545FPS.
    Highest center I know with these machines runs at 3500+FPS.

Post what yours is! Thanks!
    Paragould Bowling Center
    Paragould, AR
    General Manager

You might as well ask how big is your **** on here.

Factors include age of machine, linage, size of center, upgrades done to said machines, parts buget, and what people actually call a stop.

I can say i run 2500 FPS, doesnt mean jack.

From what i've seen, anything 1000+ onwards, counting off spot pins, is a great place to be at.

Today for instance, i've ran infinite frames per stop so far, and we've been running quite busy all day as the kids are off, i'm running the desk, having only left it to fetch my lunch from down back i can tell you there have been 0 stops.

I range between 900 and 1500 FPS, and most of this depends on linage and the type of linage, if i have lots of open play my respots plummit vs league play where we stand a few up for those who in there ultimate wisdom have bowled at a full set on 2nd ball, thinking its their first go after clearing deadwood incorrectly etc. If i also have less linage i still seem to have around 3-4 stops a day so than makes my fps dip.

Basically if you can sit down and rebulid stuff in piece on a night shift with a call every hour or so your not doing too bad, providing these calls are pile ups respots ball jams, if your pulling cushions, changing motors, changing chassis and other major repairs to fix faults, your not doing so well.

Back to the origional point, if you count a pile up the same as a pit collapsing, i know which center will look better if there both running 500 fps

Comment

Originally posted by MarkyB View Post
      Factors include what people actually call a stop.

...'Nuf said.
      I can't even spell Brunsw-ick anymore!!!

Comment

The goal wasn't for what to see how big of a ***** everyone has, lol.
        The goal was to see where people are at and see what they think of how they run.

A stop is simple. Anytime the customer has to stop bowling for any reason other than their own fault. Whether its scoring or mechanical.
        On this end though I was only talking mechanical.

Panties in a bunch for a simple question... lol.
        Paragould Bowling Center
        Paragould, AR
        General Manager

Comment

when i started a year and a half ago i had 140fps. now its 305 fps. but since i have a ton of stuff to do, fast motors, PM with no budget it will take a few years before i see 800. The center where i come from with proper PM, and pretty mcuh a 1700 monthly budget, we ran 1150 fps.
          amf 82-70
          B2000
          quibca

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisM View Post
            The goal wasn't for what to see how big of a ***** everyone has, lol.
            The goal was to see where people are at and see what they think of how they run.

A stop is simple. Anytime the customer has to stop bowling for any reason other than their own fault. Whether its scoring or mechanical.

Panties in a bunch for a simple question... lol.
            If only it was a simple question, it has too many variables to compare.

So your counting pins in the curtain as a fault, as it affects your scoring correct? And it causes people to stop bowling? My point is some people will tell you there running 1000 FPS not counting pins in curtain, and your running 545 counting pins in curtain.

You could say that a pin 8 pin occasionally falling over on spot, falling straight into the pit, wont stop an open play bowler from bowling, but its still a fault until its rectified, some league bowlers will automatically re-rack without telling anyone. So in your book is this a stop or not?

I've already told you your answer, until you can get on with bench work without being in and out of machines every 5 minutes, your FPS aint high enough, whatever you count as a stop, and weather your even told about it in the first place to keep a proper record of it, dont concentrate on those numbers, concentrate on the amount of downtime your machines have for repairs, less downtime for routein maintence, and your customers will be happy, which is what your looking for ultimately.

Comment

Beating a dead horse here

Comment

So your counting pins in the curtain as a fault, as it affects your scoring correct? And it causes people to stop bowling? My point is some people will tell you there running 1000 FPS not counting pins in curtain, and your running 545 counting pins in curtain.

You could say that a pin 8 pin occasionally falling over on spot, falling straight into the pit, wont stop an open play bowler from bowling, but its still a fault until its rectified, some league bowlers will automatically re-rack without telling anyone. So in your book is this a stop or not?

I've already told you your answer, until you can get on with bench work without being in and out of machines every 5 minutes, your FPS aint high enough, whatever you count as a stop, and weather your even told about it in the first place to keep a proper record of it, dont concentrate on those numbers, concentrate on the amount of downtime your machines have for repairs, less downtime for routein maintence, and your customers will be happy, which is what your looking for ultimately.

Well said.

Comment

Yeah Chris, I don't think MarkyB is getting his panties in a bunch, just explaining that it's kind of an impossible question it's like how long is a peice of string, yes 1000+ is ideal, BUT we average 800-1700 FPS a week here, BUT there may be a time where I have only 1 lane going and I get a pile up, meaning so far today my FPS is sitting at 10 FPS, While your machines are running such a low number if I were you I really wouldn't be too concerned with the FPS as such but try focus on machines with repeat calls etc, more than 2 calls in the same week for the same thing on the same lane, there is a problem.... Rectify those things and over time your FPS will gradually get higher, if you spend too much time worrying about FPS it will eat you alive and give you grey hair....

But as MarkyB said there are far too many variables to take into consideration for this question, plus take this week I have a new tech on who doesnt yet know alot about our scoring system, on Monday night during league the camera went berko and blurry, had 11 pin stands that night but only 13 calls for that day, so if not for the camera would have had 2 calls BUT we had 13....

So I don't think Mark is getting agro with you or his panties in a bunch nor am I mate, just trying to help you and see the big picture...
                  AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisM View Post
                    Actually, I believe it's defined as a stop is ANYTHING that causes an interruption in normal play, that means out of range pins (while technically this is not any machine malfunction but a cycle of the machine it is still a stop), deadwood, customers throwing balls at the sweep causing a dead ball situation, throwing two balls down the lane and smashing the pindeck light, the ceiling tiles falling on the lane, etc. If it stops play you are supposed to count it. FPS is supposed to track how well the MACHINES run so moronic things like these, being called stops, ruins the FPS and are not technically machine malfunctions in any way- but that's a whole nuther argument...

THAT is how FPS should be tracked.

You could have an allegedly high FPS but constantly be in and out of machines making adjustments or repairs- in that situation basically your machines run like total crap. You could also have an acceptable or low FPS (due to things mentioned above that are out of your control) but have plenty of time to rebuild a front roller or bounce board and only be interrupted once or twice- in that situation your machines are running well.

Comment

My 70s are running 2,100 FPS. Right now.
                      DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

I`am sorry that is dumb if your counting pins in a curtain as a machine stop.
                        DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

King is right! how can you compare anything apples to apples. If you don't consider this or that a real call then it don't compute.I can't track all frames but if I can go a week and have less than dozen calls it's good.

Comment

Good running machines are good running machines

If lane 4 stops 3 times during an evening league - it needs repaired

If lane 5 stops once a week for a pin jam I will get to it when I am not working on lane 4

Thanks rivmike!

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
                              If lane 5 stops once a week for a pin jam I will get to it when I am not working on lane 4

Thanks rivmike!

These are the ones that get me fired up...How in the hell do you diagnose one call a week running 45 games a day???

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Table cutting off before the end of the cycle

I have one lane that has been giving me trouble lately. It used to be every once in awhile but now it is happening every cycle. Start 1st ball cycle, sweep drops does the usual...

ETU diagnostic tool

I've posted before about wanting to try and figure out how to fix these trigger boards we have. I'm trying to map the thing out and create a schematic, but it's slow going, especially...

Gutter Straps

Hey everyone, I hope someone can direct me in the right direction. I'm looking to find either a part number or someone willing to part with some.gutter straps. I have plastic...

AMF 82-90XL BE Gearbox seals part number cross reference.

I have spent a few hours cross checking part numbers for my 82-90xl's Back end gearboxes. I have found that most auto part stores carry these seals for a fraction of the price...

Roller Clutch issue

Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X