Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unwanted new project

Our new SPLs have been down now for 3 weeks and the local assn finally decided to come certify. After reading their notes I seem to have spotting issues on all 24 machines so I flagged all the tables today. Oh joy, none and I mean none of my 24 machines flag even close. I made notes as I went and all tables are maxed out on their adjustments so it seems my only course of action is to move the front ends. After talking to the owner about this it seems these 8270s were installed by Brunswick installers and the tables were never flagged during the install. . This would explain why a few of my pits arent lined up with the others causing me to pull the plows in order to get the rear rollers out On a good note, the owner witheld final payment to those clowns so they were paid for the quality of work done. Wish me luck guys.

When they install HPL's here a few years ago the head mechanic just raised the tables and sweeps. During this time they had alot of dropping pins and impossible to get pins on spot. Yes some of them was cause by fast table (50 hz motor/gearbox). When I took over I checked the machine height of at least 1/4 of these machines. All was off by at least 3/8 to 1/2". Been slowly raising machine to 19". Now have no problem putting pins on spot and have stopped a few dropping pins. The local assn. have been giving this house a pass on inpsections. None of our pins were on spot and foul lights never worked. So I would bet your machine is to low to.
    amf 82-70
    B2000
    quibca

Comment

Maybe I need to clarify, the pins spot but they are WAY off spot and the tables are at the limit of their adjustment slots.

Comment

Ted may disagree....but the lanes and decks should be installed in regard to machine location in older centers

Comment

Last June we had classic install new spl lanes and I was amazed at the difference between lanes . One would be a 1/4 in short and the next would be the opposite so we are now more accurite than ever . we've been rebuilding or tables since July and getting even better and smother spotting than ever.
          82/70 SS
          SPL's
          expander boards
          vantage matrix scoring
          (with crappy veiwsonic monitors )

Comment

making sure the machine are proper height also aids is getting pin on spot.
            amf 82-70
            B2000
            quibca

Comment

I raised each table as Ted finished each pair and got them setting smoothly until I went to Baton Rouge. When I got back Ted was done with the install and my replacement, who said he could handle it, had the machines operational but they were all out of whack so I readjusted them and they too spot smoothly. Its amazing how far off each front end is in relation to the ones on either side of it. Lane 20 is a good 3/4" behind both 19 and 21 and thats why the flag doesnt even come close to touching the back of the spot and with the table adjusted as far forward as it can go the pins are still 5/8" offspot.

Comment

We did mark the location of the old deck's 7-10 line, and put the new ones in in the same spot. There were a few issues with replacement pin spots not being 12" c/c, and the flagging reared itself as the tables had to be raised and the rods and toe adjustments brought things to their limits.
                cdsand5 will have fun this summer rearranging the frames. I don't think the 70 installers knew there was a scribe mark where the 7/10 line was supposed to line up. OUCH!
                This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Those 70 installers were Brunswick guys hired by our former manager who eventually parted ways due to us getting a security camera system.

Comment

Do the backs of the 7/10 spots line up with the mark scribed in the frame?

Comment

No, it's supposed to be the center of the 7/10. Maybe that's where they thought they were supposed to be......
                      This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Had similar problems here, cowboy installers, I went thru the 14 lanes reset all heights to 19" ( up to1' different corner to corner, not 1 set to within the tolerance of being level ) Only problem now is 1 of the lanes is 1" longer than all the rest (full timber ) so I cannot move the machine forward enough to get the pins on spot without upsetting the the other lane and PBL.
                        All other lanes 12 have synthetic pin decks ,so waiting to get 2 new pin decks ,so I can solve the problem,
                        82-70's
                        Computor Score
                        Elco/Omega Tec
                        PBL's
                        Express CE Oxyshock/Versitity
                        16 Wood
                        No pindication

Comment

I just got done checking each machine, all 24 have the scribe line in line with the backs of the 7/10 spots. Ugh.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Table cutting off before the end of the cycle

I have one lane that has been giving me trouble lately. It used to be every once in awhile but now it is happening every cycle. Start 1st ball cycle, sweep drops does the usual...

ETU diagnostic tool

I've posted before about wanting to try and figure out how to fix these trigger boards we have. I'm trying to map the thing out and create a schematic, but it's slow going, especially...

Gutter Straps

Hey everyone, I hope someone can direct me in the right direction. I'm looking to find either a part number or someone willing to part with some.gutter straps. I have plastic...

AMF 82-90XL BE Gearbox seals part number cross reference.

I have spent a few hours cross checking part numbers for my 82-90xl's Back end gearboxes. I have found that most auto part stores carry these seals for a fraction of the price...

Roller Clutch issue

Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                          Working...
                          X