Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amf's grey dist belt gripper

just got 3 of the amf grey gripper belts for the distributor. part #070-011-905. has anyone tried them and if so did you cut to 117'? thanks in advance for information

no lacing? leave them as long as possible so you can relace later.

Comment

without lacing. they came with lacing to put on. they are cut to 120" from amf

Comment

Originally posted by laneman61 View Post
        without lacing. they came with lacing to put on. they are cut to 120" from amf
        That's ok, most come already laced. I would go as long as you can go without having the belt rub on the casting.

Comment

They are a good belt. I cut mine to 116 1/4" or so then lace them.

Comment

i cut mine to right about 116 1/4 also and they work like a champ. you could go an 1/8 longer if you neede to. very reliable belt as long as they dont contact the belt gard. i love mines as out of 60 lanes im running almost 48 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by lafarge jr View Post
              i cut mine to right about 116 1/4 also and they work like a champ. you could go an 1/8 longer if you neede to. very reliable belt as long as they dont contact the belt gard. i love mines as out of 60 lanes im running almost 48 of them.
              How long have they been in for? Could you please report back after they have been in for a 18 months or so, as my Poly V's were awesome for the first 2-3 months but they are rubbish now, becomming so slick with zero grip.... I take back anything I said about the poly v's they simply don't hold up to lane oil...
              AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

I have been running the grey belts for over 4 years now. The nubs do wear down but the belts still grip the pins and are holding up really well.

Comment

thanks for all the feed back on the belts. really appreciate it.

Comment

I just received my 4 Stahls white gripper belts. All I can say is WOW. These things are shiney white and unbelievably grippy. As a pin is going down dist belt, i can block the pin with a pin stick and the belt stops. The belts are half the thickness of Poly-v's. They are precut and prelaced on both sides, which is really convenient. $25 a piece, im getting more.
                    If it cant be fixed with a hammer, use a bowling pin.

Comment

I've had the grey amf 'gripper' dizzy belts in for a couple years now without any problems except for them breaking down physically... but they still out perform the poly-v's by miles. The orange belts are still superior though pin_head...

Comment

Originally posted by seanm View Post
                        The orange belts are still superior though pin_head...

Yeah I absolutely agree, if it is possible to fall in love with a dizzy belt I think I just may have...... so much grip on those belts I think if the dizzy was going fast enough would throw the pin up to the approach ....

Put it this way first day I tried cleaning it with a dry rag, the belt kind of chewed up the rag and ripped it, it is that grippy....
                        AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Hahaha, yeah well you wont see ppup's on the dizzy anymore, just 20 pins at one bin pocket or on the catwalk... they just don't stop.
                          I don't clean dizzy belts at all anymore.. occasionally will take a brush to the orange ones if they look bad.. but still there's no need to clean.

Comment

Originally posted by seanm View Post
                            The orange belts are still superior though pin_head...

Pic???...Part number???...
                            I can't even spell Brunsw-ick anymore!!!

Comment

There's another thread here where I've posted a pics... they are made & bought locally in Australia...

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X