Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweep Coasting (head banger)

I have this 1 machine that thinks all my time should be spent on it,
    The problem is that the Sweep will drop to guard but then coast on a bit, not every time but about every 6frames,wiping away the pins on first cycle
    and the sweep stopping under the table,

This is what I have done so far

Checked all cam settings
    changed all micro switches (3 TIMES)
    Changed m/Box (3 times all tested and good )
    Checked all wiring to wire channel
    Tried other chassis,s
    Changed the Capacitors

BUT THE PROBLEM REMAINS (a real pain in the Butt)
    82-70's
    Computor Score
    Elco/Omega Tec
    PBL's
    Express CE Oxyshock/Versitity
    16 Wood
    No pindication

swap the table motor and the sweep motor on that pair and see what happens. could be in the motor head or gearbox

Comment

Thanks Laneman, , I have 9 spare motor/gearbox units that have all been tested and when tried on other machines run as they are supposed to,I have tried 3 on this machine but the problem remains
      82-70's
      Computor Score
      Elco/Omega Tec
      PBL's
      16 Wood
      No pindication

Comment

What kind of motor, start switch, and chassis board?

Comment

Did you by chance recently put triggering on this lane? There is a known issue with the sweep motor contactor momentarily making and resulting in the sweep coasting just enough to open SC since it hasn't had a chance to build up enough regenerative current in the cap.
          Yor can see this happen if you babysit the machine while they're bowling. It'll happen out of the blue, and you will know the contactor made the motor run for a few microseconds, by deduction, as you'll see it first stop as it should in first guard.
          This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

I have run 1 westinghouse and 1 GE motors , internal start switches, 1 GE with external start switch, Omega-Tec Pcb.
            These machines have been in about 10 years , triggering was installed then
            82-70's
            Computor Score
            Elco/Omega Tec
            PBL's
            16 Wood
            No pindication

Comment

Seems you tried it all, I would change the sweep rev. sw. and then pop out the c1 sweep row and see if there may be a loose connection. Not sure if your power in wireway included the motor plug.

Comment

As usual, I had this happen a week ago. Changed chassis to rule out contactors, changed capacitors, changed gearbox (but not stator), pulled each and every C1 pin and inspected (changed all sweep related pins anyway though), inspected cable and plugs... swapped table and sweep stators, problem gone (doesnt cause problems with the table of course).

Comment

I run one of the spring washers on top of the bearing, sometimes two on the funky lanes. Maybe the end bell on them are a little different. I've been watching how far the bearing is pushed on.

Comment

I was looking for a place to place this cause it happened to me yesterday. and got to the right place. Hope would help any one. Got one of my lanes sweep coasting and constantly interlocking. So I Installed a manually stop brake to make it thru open play, which is a very good idea to make it thru important event like tournaments. So when machine was freed checked everything, starting from my csm 1 and csm 2, diferent chassis, start switch, motor. Ended up that one of my coworkers had replaced some female pin guides on the C-1 plug that day before and had miss placed one of the pins on the second row from bottom to top. So all we do was trace the wires and moved all pins to the right spot.
                    Smile Jesus loves you

Comment

Thru the Chassis onto another lane ,ran for 3hrs then started the same problem , Changed the Sweep contactor and has run for 2days now with no problems,
                      Thanks for all you inputs
                      82-70's
                      Computor Score
                      Elco/Omega Tec
                      PBL's
                      16 Wood
                      No pindication

Comment

Good to see you found the problem. That group of 4 pins you refer to are all sweep related, I'm sure most of us have copped co-workers putting things back where they shouldn't be. It's a big no-no to have more than 1 pin extracted from a plug at any one time, so its good practice to remove, crimp and re-install each pin one at a time...

Comment

Originally posted by Never_to_old View Post
                          Thru the Chassis onto another lane ,ran for 3hrs then started the same problem , Changed the Sweep contactor and has run for 2days now with no problems,
                          Thanks for all you inputs
                          What contactors are you using in your chassis?

Comment

Originally posted by seanm View Post
                            Good to see you found the problem. That group of 4 pins you refer to are all sweep related, I'm sure most of us have copped co-workers putting things back where they shouldn't be. It's a big no-no to have more than 1 pin extracted from a plug at any one time, so its good practice to remove, crimp and re-install each pin one at a time...
                            oh god yes, you only EVER take ONE pin out at a time, and when I had those chassis' I also left the pin extractor tool in that hole to remind me where it came from....
                            AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

There once was a guy here one day working on the C1 plug, neutral for something and he went to get a call. While he was away from the machine the tool fell out of the plug. Instead of remembering where it was or tracing the wire with the machine next to him he guessed where it went......NO!.....WRONG! Where he put the wire ended up causing a direct short in the machine, blew out a few pins, smoked the O/T board, and fried the ball light board. So lesson here is make sure you know where that wire goes!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X