Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

82-70's with the sign on the front of the table...

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82-70's with the sign on the front of the table...

Hey gang,
    I just stumbled across this video on YouTube called celebrity bowling, where the Brady Bunch kids are bowling against the Waltons....and the machines are the 82-70's with the sign on the front like when I was a kid. Here is the link...pretty neat video..!! I haven't seen that 82/70 sign on a machine in decades!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJL7C...eature=related
    --- SteveJT66

82/70's,kickers,Kegel Kustodian

And the machines in that video are B machines with the stepper chassis.

Comment

Brunswick capping and foul lights

Comment

Sparemaker too ! Strange that the pinspotters are not equipped with a SS chassis. The newer sweep logo and table identification were usually found on the SS machine. 70 b machines usually had a gold table sign with black lettering, and the sweep logos were usually the round circles with amf contained inside the circle.
        There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

Here's a picture of Ewen's table sign:

Personally, I much prefer the old meatball to AMF's block logo.

Toby
          82-70B, Stepper chassis
          www.mooseexchange.org

Comment

Rare sign!

Comment

I do have another ( numeral assembly ) as listed in the AMF SS parts manual. It is the same style as above picture except the red triangle has been replaced with black 82/70 block lettering ( like the white flat numeral assembly found on the ss ( or "c" ) pinspotter). I could not find a parts listing for the numeral assy. in either the 70 a or 70 b manual.
              As for the equipment in the video, looks like AMF supplied the pinspotters and power lift, while it appears Brunswick supplied the lanes , gutters and capping. At the end of the video it states bowling equipment supplied by AMF and Brunswick. I though that was odd in that time period as AMF and Brunswick were fierce competitors.
              There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

There are also episodes with Brunswick A2 machines, Astroline powerlifts, and Starshields on the same lanes as well as the same AMF machines except ModIV I think masks that were red and white and red sweep bars.

Comment

How about the carpet on the approach??? That is different!!!
                  Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

I never heard of the Celebrity Bowling show myself, but curious to know how do you know they are the B series AMF machines, and what type chassis they have? they never show the distributor in the back. I must be missing something...LOL.
                    --- SteveJT66

82/70's,kickers,Kegel Kustodian

Comment

They are Bs because....

1. You can hear the BS lever
                      2. Indication erases when the cycle starts
                      3. The ball lights switch when the sweep starts up
                      4. The sweep does not go up early

2, 3, and 4 are indications the stepper chassis is being used.

1 indicates its the current "Z" distributor and metal bin.

There are some episodes where it is easier to hear the "clank" of the BS lever.

And on the Brunswick A2 episodes you clearly notice they have Scotch Yokes.

Comment

Steve, a couple months ago we had an epic geek session about the stepper chassis that's definitely worth reading. I think it was called "Stepper chassis, how can you tell?" or something like that. We posted some pictures and videos, and dissected all the differences in sound and appearance. The Pindication gives it away!

Toby
                        82-70B, Stepper chassis
                        www.mooseexchange.org

Comment

I remember that and Toby was the one that showed us what the stepper chassis does on the magic triangle.

Comment

Yup, in the video you can see how the cam switches on the B interact with the Magic Triangle. Personally, I still haven't seen a 70C, so I'm not too clear on what the differences are. That'll be another night on YouTube, I guess!

Toby
                            82-70B, Stepper chassis
                            www.mooseexchange.org

Comment

A 70C (5 board Solid State) acts this way....

1. Ball lights change when sweep gets to zero
                              2. Pindication erases when sweep gets to first guard
                              3. Sweep goes up early, when TA1 is lifted to run table home

The most obvious giveaway is when the sweep goes up.

And...

MPs act this way...

1. Ball lights change when sweep starts run through or when sweep gets to zero
                              2. Pindication erases when sweep starts run through

#1 depends on the version of the board...I seem to have both

I don't know how anything newer than that acts.
                              Last edited by Tablejam; 04-08-2012, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X