Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bowed kickback?

Ok im at a loss. Lane 16 wont return balls. I've gotten it to work a few times but it always ends up coming back. I lose a lot of time because I have to sit on it. What I've discovered is that the bds kickback has somehow gotten bowed inward toward lane 15. Making aligning the segments impossible. I've tried leveling the pits, tried unleveling the pits and aligning the segments, neither works. I have some pictures holding a straight edge against the kickback to show what I mean. Ill post them when I get a chance. But does anyone have any experience with this problem? And what to do to fix it? Im leaning toward just replacing the kickback. I have kickers
    Giving bowlers less to complain about, one lane at a time

Comment

Do you have enough room to put one of those spreader shafts in to push the machine wall back out?

Comment

That or you could use a bottle car jack, have someone hold it between the kickbacks while you pump it....
        AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

There's no way a ball can get returned without having the kicker assembly and lift installed...sorry I couldn't resist. What was the issue when you had everything installed? Were balls getting halfway in....were they stalling after starting to go in...were they yo-yoing? Was it one side was good and the other not? The difference between the sides looks minimal. I've had machines much more mis-aligned with no issue.
          Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

They would just get half in and sit there. some wouldnt even get that far in. 16, the side with the warped kickback has the issue. 15 worked 99 times out of 100. 16 worked 1 time out of 100. The third picture was taken at a bad time, it looks a lot better than it really was. I had already put a washer between the rear segment and kickback on the bottom bolt to get it to line up better. after I had actually straightened out the pits and leveled them and did my best to line everything up, 16's front segment was WAYYY off. Everything else lined up well but the segments were just off by a mile. It was actually quite difficult to even bolt in the front filler. 16s segment at the middle would be about 1/8"-1/4" lower than 15s segment when both kickbacks were aligned. The second picture shows it best, I held it along the bottom of the kickback obviously and you can see how big the gap gets as it goes over the hump.

I had to get it back together so I ended up putting washers between the segment and kickback to shim out the bottom of the segment. It made everything a lot closer but I still dont like how it all lines up. At least I was able to get the filler put in a little easier. Ill know if it works well or not tomorrow. I threw a couple balls on it today and they all came back but we will have to see during my morning senior leagues tomorrow.

Im probably going to just order a new kickback and replace it this summer. The bottle jack idea is good but I worry that if I go that route I will be putting equal pressure on 15s kickback, which will probably bend it out. I dont want to fix one and ruin another

Whats really messing with my head is how the heck this happens in the first place...

Comment

I don't know how that can happen, I have one that is bent really good at the balldoor opening, still haven't figured out how that could happen.

From the pics it looks like you are close enough for this to all work (unless something else is going on)- you could always put a PBL in there and just be done with it, it wouldn't care about the bend, as long as the balls fell in there they would go back. Maybe that's the issue here, the balls are not falling into the kicker enough. You could shim both sides of the bounceboard to make the ball fall into the exit more.

Comment

I should remove the last pic. it doesnt show how bad it really was. That picture is about how it looks right now with the added washers used to shim out the bottom of the segments. The kickbacks werent aligned at that point and they werent leveled. Id love to get PBLs but its just not going to happen. I miss the center I used to work at that has em

Comment

One idea if you can get the tools, is use auto repair slide hammer, drill a hole in the middle of the kickback bolt slide hammer into the middle of 16's kick back and belt the crap out of it backwards just like we used to for car chassis rails etc....
                  AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Are you thinking of replacing one 40 year old kickback out of a pair with a brand new one?
                    Regards,

Billy T
                    bthompson@qubicaamf.us

Comment

Originally posted by BillyT4QAMF View Post
                      Are you thinking of replacing one 40 year old kickback out of a pair with a brand new one?
                      Yeah, wouldn't it be better to replace both ball exit side kickbacks?? so you kind of have a matching pair....

Comment

I've done it on another pair here already. Everything lines up great between the old and new, I just need to measure and drill holes for the kicker support bracket and one hole for the front segment as they don't have those anymore. Lane 12 got a new one last summer and has been running great ever since

Comment

To each their own. Just a comment. So house will buy you a new kickback, and require/let re-invent the wheel circa 1960's, but won't let you Spend $800 for PBL and be done with it? Fascinating. I admire your tenacity and perseverance.

Comment

I want 20 PBLs... not just one. Thats where the problem comes in. Im still working to convince them to let me start converting all of them but with summer around the corner its not happening anytime soon. Plus a new kickback costs about $180 and a days work. A lot cheaper than a PBL

Comment

Then don't do them all at once, do one or two at a time.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X