Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log jam problem!!!

I have AMF 82-90 xl's and im having a problem on my 5 &6 lane with the ball door not pushing pins out of the way and getting alot of ball jam calls. I adjusted the ball door stroke 1/8 to 1/2 of an inch both ways from its current zero. That made no difference. Please if anyone has any instruction on correcting this problem please let me know.

With the 90 XL you will have a LBS.With the paddle in the center if you use the carpet/cushion rivet tool in the bottom hole in the paddle and move it back and forth with the machines NOT running does the little curved "T" push the rollers back to put the paddle in lock?
    70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
    Prolane Walker sport

Comment

yes when the "curved T" over travels and clicks to let a ball return, the pin in lane six door wont let the ball sit long on lane 5 enough to travel up the ball return belt. It just slams back over kicking the ball out on lane 5 instead of the pin on lane 6. I had Jason from Ace Mitchell look at my problem and he told me to adjust the paddle door stroke 1/8 of an inch and that should solve the problem and it didnt. He didnt see any other problems with spacing on the "curved T".
      Last edited by Cheesebeavis; 04-09-2012, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Remove LBS, place in trash, install spring loaded drive link. the LBS is cool but its over engineered
        Giving bowlers less to complain about, one lane at a time

Comment

Originally posted by slb785 View Post
          Remove LBS, place in trash, install spring loaded drive link. the LBS is cool but its over engineered
          I agree get rid of it and this will never be a problem again.

Comment

Originally posted by slb785 View Post
            Remove spring loaded drive link , place in trash, install LBS. the LBS is cool and its not over engineered
            fixed

The light ball senor works if adjusted properly . Like all equipment if a bad part is overlooked it can suck , once you understand how it works it can give you years of trouble free service
            82/70 SS
            SPL's
            expander boards
            vantage matrix scoring
            (with crappy veiwsonic monitors )

Comment

Originally posted by 85_3car View Post
              fixed

The light ball senor works if adjusted properly . Like all equipment if a bad part is overlooked it can suck , once you understand how it works it can give you years of trouble free service

CAR is sooo correct. LBS is a genus design and there's not as many parts as you guys think. The loaded drive link will NOT cure a carpet problem.
              If it cant be fixed with a hammer, use a bowling pin.

Comment

And the LBS will? How is that possible?

Yes it is true I don't like the LBS but that's only because of my previous bad experiences with it I admit.

Comment

I love the LBS to me personally I much prefer them to the spring loaded drive link.... which I have 13 of and seriously HATE them....
                  AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

I have found if adjusted properly, the LBS works just fine. I have seen many people struggle with these adjustments, however.
                    Regards,

Billy T
                    bthompson@qubicaamf.us

Comment

Far too many people lubricate the parts that are meant to be dry....
                      AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pin_Head View Post
                        Far too many people lubricate the parts that are meant to be dry....
                        bingo probably the issue at hand.
                        82/70 SS
                        SPL's
                        expander boards
                        vantage matrix scoring
                        (with crappy veiwsonic monitors )

Comment

Ill admit, I've never worked on or used a lbs. Im just a fan of less moving parts. I guess its personal preference
                          Giving bowlers less to complain about, one lane at a time

Comment

LBS's are not hard. Set 'em and forget 'em. If I get one that starts acting up I give it a blast of brake wash first. That takes care of it most of the time. If not, always a spare in the drawer. Very seldom have issues if properly maintained. Mostly just two springs and two roll pins...Not a big deal.
                            I can't even spell Brunsw-ick anymore!!!

Comment

I've always been a fan of the LBS. It is not hard to adjust, one just has to know how. I hear many guys trash and berate it, but after taking the time to explain the theory of operation and proper adjustments, all of a sudden they become a fan too. I guess being a Brunswick guy as well, I can appreciate the more mechanical aspects of the assembly.

FWIW, we have Zero issues with them. Just keep them clean, and the sensing area dry/free from lubricants.
                              "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X