Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82-90xl gear box oil

Hey guys i am looking for a cheap place to get the Mobil shc 634 oil for my gear boxes. Does anyone know where to buy this product cheaper than $215.00 for a 5 gallon bucket?

...or any great suggestions for a substitute oil???

Comment

I use shell omala 150 in our GE gearboxes on 70's, excellent lubricant & we're paying $160AUD for 20L... don't know about its suitability in 90's boxes...

Comment

I just go to a local auto parts store and buy 85w-140 gear oil and use it in my 70s combo gearboxes as well as back end. Dont have any issues with it. I dont see why they have to have their super high priced oil
        Giving bowlers less to complain about, one lane at a time

Comment

Gear Oil, Mobilgear 600 XP 680, 5 Gallon From Grainger

Comment

Thanks for everyones suggestions this will save my center alot of money for other things.

Comment

Yep...........Grainger.

Comment

Yeah for the XL and XLi gearboxes you need a thicker oil than the 85w-140, I use a semi-synthetic Shell HP460 oil....
                AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Yea...the stuff I posted is actually 680w as opposed to the 600w that came in the 70's gear box. This stuff is sooo thick, I also got a pail pump to make filling easier and took out the top shaft of the gear box and pumped them full till it ran out the top hole on the side. They run nice and smooth and quiet.

Comment

What is the recommended viscosity for all the different gearboxes then?

Comment

85W-140 Gear oil is fine for the older 70's boxes, but the newer XL & XLi boxes require a much thicker oil, While my boxes were still under warranty I was using Shell Full synthetic HD460 oil cost $395 for a 20Ltr drum, now they are out of warranty I just get the semi synthetic oil at around $100 for a 20 Ltr drum.
                      AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X