Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIMPLIFIED CLUTCH ASSEMBLY

Has anyone tried this clutch? Also does it work better and if i order one will it give me instructions on assembling it??

Not worth it. I got 2 of em once and every week i had to tighten the nut more, eventually completely compressing the spring and it wouldnt work anymore. The original clutch design is pretty rock solid, there really isnt a need to change it besides those of us who like the roller clutch plate
    Giving bowlers less to complain about, one lane at a time

Comment

OEM is the way to go, you put them on and get them lubed and set and that's pretty much it- for years. I haven't tried any other clutch but I would imagine the roller clutch works well too.l

Comment

I got a full box of used ones if that tells you anything.
        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MCSS View Post
          I got a full box of used ones if that tells you anything.
          I will add to that. We recently received a few well used distributors, with OEM clutches on them. I put them all on machines and when I did I just gave them a quick clean and lube and have since had no issues at all with the clutches, I probably didn't need to even do that with them.

Yeah, the OEM clutches are THAT good.

Comment

Agree to all the above.
            If it cant be fixed with a hammer, use a bowling pin.

Comment

They don't work cuz the "D" shaped hole in the outer plate liked to lock on to the shaft...hence loss of tension. Also the spring liked to spin on the outer plate, essentually making another clutch...and again loss of tension. All of this led to what SLB descibed above. But cranking them down was not the solution. I was able to make these work by boring out the outer plate, welding the plate, spring and nut together and adding a set screw to the nut. But welding spring proved to be a challenge cuz you lose the tinsile strengh of the spring from the heat. This was actually the prototype to the clutches that I developed that we currently use. I just hated the maintenance of tearing the OEM clutches down, cleaning and lubing every three months. My maintenance now entails replacing the pinion sleeve every year or two...That's it. No lubrication, no cleaning. Leaves me much more time for other things.
              I can't even spell Brunsw-ick anymore!!!

Comment

we have 5 or 6 QAMF Simplified Clutches that have been running 1 1/2 years and do not have any issues with any of them. We lube the stop blades with a dab of STP Oil Treatment every 3-4 weeks and some of that film migrates onto the clutches. Maybe that's why they work for us. We did have 2 other style of simple clutches installed, and had problems with both of those and removed them.

Comment

Roller clutch for the win!

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
                    Roller clutch for the win!
                    I second that have had mine on for two years and pulled one the other day just to see how it looked. Almost new, with the enviro bushing those are almost bullet proof.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X