Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got a countinous cycling lane out of places to look any ideas

hey all appreciate the help. I have 70's with mp chassis along with steltronic scoring. I have amf foul lites and ball returns.
    I have a lane that is cycling constantly. I have swapped chassis, problem stays, unpluged bowler cycle button on ball return, prob stays, unpluged the cycle button on back of the machine, no luck there, opened all wire ways to check for a short or if the wire that used to cycle machine from micro switch on cushion which we dont use was shorting. Unplugged scoring still got the issue. triple checked amc box for any loose wires touching anything and shorting. No luck
    I'm about out of ideas ok I am out of ideas. What am i missing, thx for the help

Do you guys have infra red ball detectors? if so could that be out of adjustment cycling the machine??
    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Do you have short cycles/is the scoring interfaced with the pinspotter?

When it is continuously cycling, how is it cycling? In other words, with a full set of pins, does it do short cycles or does it do a full respot cycle on first ball? And, does it score when it is cycling (not sure about that one as I do not know about your scoring).

The reason I ask is depending on how it's cycling that might narrow down what it could be.

Does your scoring use a 'sweep zero' switch to tell the scoring when the sweep is up? If it does and it's anything like AMF scoring, if this switch isn't made when the sweep is up it can keep cycling.

Comment

Brady:

You mentioned that you unpluggde bowler cycle button, but did you pull it off of 1 & 2 in the A&MC box? Call us at Stahls.

Comment

the cycle is not your average normal cycle, the sweep runs to clear the deck, goes up, then comes back down to guard the table feels for pins which of coarse there are none and then table goes up sweep runs back and returns to guard and both go up together. then the sweep comes back down sweep the lane and returns to guard and the table sets a rack of pins and the both go up together. and repeat lol

Comment

If i disconnect a wire on bowler cycle button or 1&2 in amc box or off the cycle button in rear of machine the machine just has a constant sweep run and doesnt set pins. Am running the machine with scoring off, and unplugged. so dont think its the inferred trigger and it doesnt score anything onthe screens when its all turned on. The first ball and 2nd ball lites are swapping during the cycleing. If im leaving out any other information which could help narrow it down let me know. Thanks for the call Stahl's will recheck all wire ways for anything loose or dropped in that could be shorting accross.

Comment

We do run the modified cycle for gutters and single pin counts. along with the tenth frame and no tap games.

Comment

I would also check in the A&MC box, I had a problem like this once were some wires got crushed in the subway shorting out the reset button, thus causing a continuous cycle.

Comment

Did you remove the switch wires at the cushion? We taped ours off and some got put up in the wireway, maybe one of em is grounding out there?
                  Charley
                  82-70's SS Chassis Omega-Tek w/expanders
                  2009 Qubica scoring 3QT's and 6 box.

Comment

As Stahl's (Jamie?) said, and as Brady said he will check, I'm betting on the underlane wires shorted. Unplugged the bowlers reset at the AM&C box.
                    Leyton at Tahoe

Comment

There must be a shortcut somewhere. from chassis to ball return or, from chassis to keyboard in the back end. there must be a cable that is pressed or cut. check with a tester continuity. from cycle butoms to the chassis carefully. not sure but i think inputs in mp chassis are in C2 conector. Take a Look.

Comment

You said you swapped the chassis but did you swap the MP board too? I think if you unplug the AMC plug from the machine and put a jumper across the two pins in the middle row and just let the machine run you will find out whether or not your problem is machine related or not. Like you said it is not the usual cycle so I would like to eliminate as much as possible if it were me.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                        Working...
                        X