Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Cycle Start

Have Vector Scoring, 8270 SS with XOP board. Tried cycling with push button and ball detect both not working. Turn pinspotter off then on, continuous sweep or cycles when turned on. Can't run sweep from SA switch. At a loss. Help!
    Also tried chassis from working lane and same results. Tried unplugging AMC cable then plugged back in, cycles thru. Rebooted computers. Nop change. This started after mechanic did routine PM oil and grease.

Did you try another board?
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Tried working chassis from next lane over. Same results.

Comment

T.ried chassis from working lane same results

Comment

Used chassis and board from working lane. Same results.

Comment

If I run sweep down to guard then turn machine off and on it completes cycle. Machine front desk switch is off and not in instructomat position.

Comment

Remembered that a diode on the mother board is part of instructomat circuit, but not sure which one. Have disconnected the two diodes and capacitor at the front desk, but still stays in sweep lock mode. Where else can I go?

Comment

There is a diode on the mother board of the SS chassis that is part of instructomat circuit. Have disconnected both diodes and capacitor at front desk, but still in sweep lock mode. Where else can I check?

Comment

I'm willing to bet one of your manager control wires are grounding out on the frame of the machine somewhere. Most likely when PM and lubrication was done he accidently knicked a wire and caused it to ground out. To test unplug the a&mc cable and jump the two pins next to each other in the middle row on the machine side of the plug to turn the machine on and then try to cycle it and see if it works normally.

Comment

Instructomat would not allow you to run the sweep with the SA. Flipping the managers control off/on with one version of OmegaTec (a jumper) will cycle it from the front desk switch. It wouldn't if in instructomat. I'd suspect more of SA, SB or wiring to them. Perhaps a bad sweep power switch on the BE control box?
                    You can look on the vector camera to see if the diode lights when a ball passes, the another diode by the relay when it's supposed to cycle.
                    If you want to eliminate external sources for cycling issues, unplug the A&MC cable. Use a jumper to connect the only 2 terminals in the middle row of the 3 rows that are next to each other. The machine should come on, and you have cycle control with the button in the back, or cushion switch.
                    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Another simple thing could be your offspot switch/wires causing it to stay in instructomat.
                      When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

Tried jumper. Machine comes on and sweep runs continuously. No cycle function.

Comment

Turn pinspotter on sweep runs continuously. Zeroed then sweep stops. Press cycle. Run sweep to 1st guard and turn off and on, machine completes cycle and spots new set of pins.

Comment

Made mistake, turned machine off and on not sweep switch.

Comment

Originally posted by 8270tom View Post
                              Turn pinspotter on sweep runs continuously. Zeroed then sweep stops. Press cycle. Run sweep to 1st guard and turn off and on, machine completes cycle and spots new set of pins.
                              Maybe off spot switch/wires related.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X