Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WT #@(%%!!????

Been going through the pits at work and I came across this. For some reason the 7 side front roller bracket had the ear cut off and was bent farther up with a new hole drilled for the spring. I tried to install a new one and realized that the shaft itself was an inch lower than usual. This kickback is original. There are no filled holes and the shaft is welded to the kickback. Has anyone ever come across this?

Excuse the exposure, the pics are a little rough. The last 2 are a normal bracket and then the modified bracket. Right now I put the modified bracket back on it. Hole is too close to drill another one and put a stud in.

pit1.jpgpit2.jpgpit3.jpgpit4.jpg
    Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

You may or may not know but there are 4 different front roller hinges. 2 of them have longer ears, 2 of them have shorter ears. Sorry I don't have my parts book to get the part numbers. But it has to do with LH and RH machines and the angle of the pit and such.
    Mike

Comment

I vaguely remember seeing something about that on here long ago...never seen it in person. This bracket is definitely cut and bent...not manufactured short. Chances are I have another kickback (10 side) somewhere in the center with the same situation and they got mixed up?
      Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

They may not have had the right one, and made a short one from a long one.

Comment

not that uncommon. several pits at work have modified/bent brackets. they seem to work alright but removing the spring and putting it back sure seems a whole lot tougher.
          When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

Pie, are you saying the original welded pivot stud that is still there is in the wrong place? That would be really odd. Yeah as we all know there are 4 front roller brackets, a short rh/lh for the BDS and a long rh/lh for the OBDS. And this problem is on the OBDS?

Comment

I have had short roller hinges with flanges too long.....and they stick out and hit the pit frame - I just hacksaw the excess off ...put the spring on...and carry on

Sounds like they had the same issue....and just bent the hinge rather than cut the excess off

Comment

I too have seen the same... normally has been bent to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
                  Pie, are you saying the original welded pivot stud that is still there is in the wrong place? That would be really odd. Yeah as we all know there are 4 front roller brackets, a short rh/lh for the BDS and a long rh/lh for the OBDS. And this problem is on the OBDS?

That is what I was getting at. You can see in the first 2 pictures that the stud is welded an inch lower.

Comment

Someone must have been half asleep when they put that one together.

Comment

The ball door side pivot stud is lower than the non ball door side...on all machines

It is not 7 or 10 - it is ball door non ball door

Comment

Yes but he is saying the pin was welded on the kickback lower than it should be.

Comment

But TJ from what I can make out in the pics, is that the pivot stud that is lower is ball door side and is being compared to non ball door side, Pie needs to take a photo and compare it to another ball door side stud, as Jerry said the ball door side on ever pair of machines is lower than the non ball door side.

Either that or it was welded by the work experience kid one day lol
                          AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

The photos are poor but photo 1 sure looks like the BDS and photo is the Opp BDS...the pins are right where they are supposed to be...someone just used the wrong bearing support bracket, cut it up trying to make it work...

Comment

So the ball door side is lower physically than the non-ball door side normally. The front roller sits at an angle? I never ordered any roller brackets. When I pulled the pits if the bushing was shot I replaced it and put the brackets back on (if the shaft was good as well). I never noticed it until I came across that one bracket that had been modified to fit. When I see something like that I like to know the reason why.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X