Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radary Plus foul lights 15 and 16

Here is a link of it, video didn't capture very well on my camera, but that's why I'm going to describe it as well.

Foul lights on 15 and 16. 16 fouls after you remove your hand and 15 blinks faster when you break the beam. 15 never actually fouls. I traded F2 and F3 with a working pair and tried to realign the sensor. other than swapping the board out what else can be done?
    When you know what to do, everything is easy.

That's all you can do. There is a problem with the board - I see this problem all the time with these units. It won't be the fuse, the relay for 15 is never pulling in.
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Amen Jon. The units are fantastic when they work but when they go they go big time.

Comment

This is why I use the Zot replacement for these. They are all modular allowing only the troublesome component to be replaced instead of the whole shebang. They fit into the existing housings with no problem.
        "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

The emitter/detectors should have been connected via a header vs. soldered in. Plus the flex cable they used is crap - I have a far better cable I replace these with. Plus the transformer mounting is terrible. Glue just doesn't cut it in a device that people can kick the crap out of or drop a bowling ball on...

Comment

So pretty much when they fail you are saying that you should just replace them and there is no fixing them? I have another unit that is also malfunctioning. here's 17 and 18.

Comment

Originally posted by Grit
              So pretty much when they fail you are saying that you should just replace them and there is no fixing them? I have another unit that is also malfunctioning. here's 17 and 18.
              Not at all. I'm sending you a P.M.
              Jon

Comment

My beef with the unit is that you can't order components separately. You can't get just the PC board. Or the Optics. Or the transformer.
                "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

A change is coming....Not sure when
                  Regards,

Billy T
                  bthompson@qubicaamf.us

Comment

Would this be the Radaray Plus..Plus or the RadarayEDGE?

Comment

Originally posted by Kat
                      My beef with the unit is that you can't order components separately. You can't get just the PC board. Or the Optics. Or the transformer.
                      Ahem.... Never say never....

Comment

Originally posted by wb8yjf View Post
                        Ahem.... Never say never....
                        Uhh, I don't think he did.
                        Regards,

Billy T
                        bthompson@qubicaamf.us

Comment

Are these units supposed to be linked on the pair? what I mean is on 13 and 14 I can foul on either lane but both lanes perform foul cycles. not quite every lane in the house does this, but a lot of them foul this way.

Comment

If the signal wires are connected incorrectly that will happen.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                            Working...
                            X