Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear roller tip

first a tip than a question . had a rear roller retainer break off a machine [ not the fist time ] during league my emerg fix is to take a tie down rachet belt feed under paddle brace place hook around pully shaft then other end attach above center of machine and ratchet belt bring roller back to center of retainer holding possition works great and can run machine for days or weeks if u have before replacing pain in the but retainer ,, now for question i replaced retainer as i have done at 6 times before over the years howerver this time after replacing the roller wants ride 2 outer side of machine cousing belt pulley 2 ride against machine and and wear on pully and locking bolt i just pry roller back over and rides fine 4 a few days then have 2 pry back over might have rubber retainer insert in backwards going 2 check next busy with tournament right now any suggestions guys thanx and good luck if u ever need this emergency tip works great maybe should have left new retainer off and just stuck with temp fix [ lol] chris

How did you attach the new bearing retainer?

If the rubber piece in the retainer correctly?

Comment

thanx king i ground off old retainer drilled the 4 holes in and bolted in possition then glued a new rubber rubber insert in place

Comment

I usually do not glue the rubber retainer

Comment

Not saying that is the I bolt mine in place

Comment

I think he's saying he glued the rubber into the bracket King. He said he drilled and bolted the bracket in.

My question is how did you know the retainer broke? one time out of 5 maybe I heard it making a horrible noise, the rest of the time it just cuts its self off and falls down. So your roller is walking out of the retainer and pulling the pit sheave against the kickback? front roller not giving enough tension maybe?
            Last edited by Grit; 04-25-2012, 11:24 AM. Reason: grammar
            When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

I understand what he glued - I have never glued the rubber piece - makes it too hard to get out - even on the ones I have replaced the metal retainer

Comment

thanx guys i did bolt in place, the rubber insert i think put in backwards because one side is flat and other is cuerved smooth and i think the curved side should b placed inward 2 match the roundness of the retainer alowing 4 aflatt surface for bearing 2 rest heading in about an hour will check ,, just lightly glued rubber in place to hold rather than bending little metal edges down to hold in place hope this clerafies will let u know tanx chris,,as 4 catching problem i did not it did cut off however 5 min rolloer replace and emergency cobble trick was able 2 keep full house of bowlers wiening about loosing jackpots insted of broken machine [ lol]

Comment

Originally posted by multi-task View Post
                  first a tip than a question . had a rear roller retainer break off a machine [ not the fist time ] during league my emerg fix is to take a tie down rachet belt feed under paddle brace place hook around pully shaft then other end attach above center of machine and ratchet belt bring roller back to center of retainer holding possition works great and can run machine for days or weeks if u have before replacing pain in the but retainer ,, now for question i replaced retainer as i have done at 6 times before over the years howerver this time after replacing the roller wants ride 2 outer side of machine cousing belt pulley 2 ride against machine and and wear on pully and locking bolt i just pry roller back over and rides fine 4 a few days then have 2 pry back over might have rubber retainer insert in backwards going 2 check next busy with tournament right now any suggestions guys thanx and good luck if u ever need this emergency tip works great maybe should have left new retainer off and just stuck with temp fix [ lol] chris
                  Chris, are you saying You let the roller shaft rub on the hook? Does'nt wear through?

Comment

thats right applied alittle oil on hook and theres not much pressure on on it your only pulling it back about 1 inch my strap has plastic covered hooks and it barely wore on hook at all had in place 5 days and machine was used 3 shifts a day 2days where 4 counting kids didnt have time 2 repair so a little oli and no problem as i said this is not the first time ive used this trick works fine only it makes me a little bit of a procratinator when to replacing the retainer ive gone well over a week before not lazy ,just busy

Comment

Great way to get the machine running!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X