Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amf 82/70 table issues

I have a lane that the table just wont work. When you cycle the machine the sweep goes to guard and that's it but the table runs if you use the ta1 or ta2 switches. I have changed chassis problem is still there any help will do.

Gps switch in the back of the table between the 8 and 9 pin spots? Do you still have it hooked up?
    Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

yes gps is still hooked up

Comment

Check the switch to see if its bad. Unless it registers the fingers being open the table will not feel for pins. It could be out of adjustment or just bad.
        Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Broken GP switch wire between switch and chassis. In the wireway next to the motor capacitors , is a TAC board which connects the table cable wires to the chassis. Jump together the 2 larger yellow wires labeled SW on the board. Most likely you have a break in the table cable near the shuttle.
          There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

Very nice tip there, Ewen. I'll add that to my notes!

Toby
            82-70B, Stepper chassis
            www.mooseexchange.org

Comment

I dug up a couple of the older cast aluminum fingers at a center last weekend. Along with some replacement gumdrop plugs for the approach, a pristine sparemaker chassis and 3 clean radaray foul boxes. When the cast fingers were on the switch was important as they would break. With the newer steel fingers the gps is obsolete as they bend out of the way at worst. I've been saving the gps units I pull off as the finger and spring are the same as the front cam switches.

Comment

IMG_20120504_132727.jpg

Comment

great find Pie. What is the model number on that sparemaker? Must have been a first generation used on the 30's. I worked at a center with 70 B and the sparemaker was an 82-140 . It had 6 ports for diode boards, a stepper , one power supply board, and 5 logic boards. Loved to hear the stepper operate when it was searching for a ball path.

Comment

Originally posted by ewen View Post
                    Broken GP switch wire between switch and chassis. In the wireway next to the motor capacitors , is a TAC board which connects the table cable wires to the chassis. Jump together the 2 larger yellow wires labeled SW on the board. Most likely you have a break in the table cable near the shuttle.
                    We did the front wireway jumper at Rocky, long before we had Qubica, then took out the dang switches. I mean heck, if you are not using the cast fingers... When I was up at Columbia someone took the quick way out and just wire nutted the GPS wires together at the switch. And gee wouldn't ya know that that quicky failed during a tournament.
                    Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

That Sparemaker chassis is awesome! We have one of the Sparemaker steppers that was in the machine chassis, but I've never seen the curtain wall chassis. Very awesome find.

Toby
                      82-70B, Stepper chassis
                      www.mooseexchange.org

Comment

Toby, the 82-140 sparemaker computer was similar to a 5 board SS chassis with the exception that the sparemaker still used a stepper. The pinspotter chassis also had a stepper ( bp ) .The sparemaker stepper would find the correct signal, then communicate with the bp stepper to find the right ball path to display. I loved to listen to all those steppers operating. Made for a fun time when friends were bowling, and I would manually advance the bp stepper, and arrows would be flashing all over the masking unit. ( I have never seen the model of sparemaker that Pie posted. )

Comment

I just take the 2 yellow wires coming from the chassis to the board by the capacitors and connect them both on the same terminal. no extra stuff needed
                          Giving bowlers less to complain about, one lane at a time

Comment

so i checked the gps wires from the switch to the chassis no breaks in the wires the problem is still there i also jumped the two yellow wires to the same terminal and it did nothing

Comment

HAVE YOU CHECKED YOUR CAM ADJUSTMENTS? ALSO CHECK THE TABLE SWITCH ON THE REAR CONTROL PANEL
                              SMILE! TOMORROW'S GOING TO BE WORSE

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X