Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strike cycle?????

Hi guys.....Looking for any help possible. We have 82-70, 5 board converted to omega with expanders. Only after a strike will the machine attemp to set a full rack and the table will only come down half way. Sometimes the machine will set correctly. After a spare shot this never happens. I have switch chassis with another lane and the problem stayed. I believe the problem lies with the respot solinoid, could be wrong. We are without a mechanic and trying to pick up the duties ourselves. thanks in advance, Sean

sorry not the respot but the spot selinoid

Comment

http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...ike+accu+score
      If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Sounds like your spotting Lever is not catching the Latch.
        page 5.18 in the service manual.
        If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

felix, I think you nailed it. If you have one or two solenoids, if your latch is not seated properly your machine will do what you are seeing. The timing during a strike cycle is a tad more critical than it is for setting a new rack. Also check to make sure that both the latch and lever are fitting properly to one another, as sometimes a latch will pop off the lever if it has started to round a bit.
          Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

Which do you have: single solenoid or double?

Toby
            82-70B, Stepper chassis
            www.mooseexchange.org

Comment

We have just the one selenoid.

Comment

Just a thought. Place the machine into a constant strike cycle so that you may watch it from the front. That way you will be able to see if the latch is locking properly or not. This could be a linkage issue.
                Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

After the mach.. sets a regular set, check to see if the table is stopping properly. (latch on the table drive should be 1/8" or so before the slot. maybe inter. coast.

Comment

Got strike cycle working, but now it will not detect the expander board. Continues to cycle looking for pins.

Comment

That sounds electronic now not mechanical ?

Comment

That sounds electronic now not mechanical ?

Comment

Sounds like electronic now not mechanical.

Comment

Originally posted by bicod View Post
                            Got strike cycle working, but now it will not detect the expander board. Continues to cycle looking for pins.
                            please ellaborate. Did the short strike cycle work, and now it doesn't? Are your table wires still on machine? If one grounds goofy things happen. What about inhibit light? Is it on when in first ball? Is the top light on expander lit with machine on? If not, you're not getting a connection with APS plug.

Comment

^ Wow if I keep that up I can fill a whole page. LOL

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X