Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vantage Respot Hook Issue

I have noticed that the notch for the hook and bushing assembly #070-001-598 on the Vantage version is verry shallow as compared to an old AMF one. This causes the hook to fly off the spot lever during spotting letting the cups slam back and dump pins, especially if you are using the mini single solenoid conversion. So I took one and ground down the notch so its deeper and ground it in a little so it has a 'hook' inside there to lock the pin from the spot lever securely, haven't tried it yet but im sure it will work.

What I want to know is anybody run into this and does AMF still have this available with the correct notch?

The top one is a new hook notice how shallow it is, the bottom one is the one I modified. I also made sort of a test rig with the spot lever and it locked on there very well, I would have to knock it off with a hammer.

I am slowly converting all of mine over to single solenoid operation and getting rid of those hooks

Comment

Meet too but for the time being I have to use what I got or can get.

Comment

If you get rid of the hook.....and you have MP or Omega Tek chassis - you will need the L bracket on the back of the spot arm to make sure the hook does not go behind it

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
          If you get rid of the hook.....and you have MP or Omega Tek chassis - you will need the L bracket on the back of the spot arm to make sure the hook does not go behind it
          Or you could get the more expensive replacement latch with the long nose on it. The cheapest thing to do is make one out of a shuttle strap, doesn't have to be anything fancy, just has to hold up the latch.

Comment

Wow, had no idea anyone still had those hooks anymore. Hope you been well TJ. I haven't been around this forum in a while. I've been out of the biz almost a decade now. Good to see you are still solving the weird problems on the 70's. Cheers!

Comment

Good to hear from you.

Yeah I have nothing better to do so..... lol

Comment

The current vantage (of which there are plenty) is in the bag on the top. The AMF offering is on the bottom.
                Attached Files
                Regards,

Billy T
                bthompson@qubicaamf.us

Comment

^Really, it's not the other way around?

If that is true then maybe the problem ones I have are actually AMF hooks.

Comment

I think the one on the bottom has been field modified. King, you ever been in California?
                    Regards,

Billy T
                    bthompson@qubicaamf.us

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X