X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durabin bouncing the 8.

Still new to the Durabin.

Here's what it's doing.

-Removed the last two rollers on the trip arms, to slow the pin down as it seats.
    -Removed the rear, trip arm bumper, in an effort to seat the pin... FIRMLY!

Some improvement, not enough for us.

What's causing these 'bounce outs'?

The Dizzy for this/these lanes has just undergone a PinCup cleaning and restore. Smooth and fast. Then upchucks an 8 now and then only on durabin lanes.

PinCup
    We leave our greatest mark on this earth with the quality of our craftsmanship.

AMF has a kit to fix that.Dont have the number on me for it.

Comment

Isn't that a known issue with the DB and I thought AMF had a kit you bolted in there to stop that, but im not sure.

Comment

Occasionally we have a pin bounce up on the origional bin and shuttle assembly. I have actually seen a pin do a complete 180 degree flip after hitting the bin and shuttle ie. pin fed base first, hitting the bin and shuttle and doing a 1/2 revolution in the air and landing in the bin with the head facing the front of the machine. A 1/8 to 1/4 turn of the safety link normally solves the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverSeenThat View Post

A 1/8 to 1/4 turn of the safety link normally solves the problem.
          It looks to be dropping it square in the bin.

Anyone got pics of the fix?

PinCup

BillyT..... where art thee?????????
          Last edited by PinCup; 05-17-2012, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Interesting.

The only time I ever saw something like that happen was when there were 2 pins in the 8 bin and the dizzy caught on the top one as it indexed from the 8 to the 5 pin position.

But, this doesn't seem to be happening in your case from looking at the way the rest of the pins are loaded.

Comment

612-088-209 This was included in the December Supply Line Newsletter
              Last edited by mrpinspotter; 05-18-2012, 02:05 AM.
              Prevent the problems. Don't do crash repairs.

Drywall in a bowling center: Recipe for disaster.

Comment

It's on the QA portal under bulletins...

"Description: Durabin 8 pin pocket blocks 612-088-209

The profile of the Durabin in the area of the 8 pin has changed to help keep a second layer 8 pin properly lined
                up. Previously, an occasional 8 pin would bounce backwards and come in contact with the distributor trip levers causing poor indexing or pin pile-ups.

Owners of earlier model Durabin II’s can modify their equipment in the field with the Durabin 8 Pin block
                Kit. This product is not recommended for the original Durabin due to the difference in wall thickness."​

Comment

Originally posted by PinCup View Post
                  BillyT..... where art thee?????????
                  I was out of the office yesterday. I'm here today if you want to call me. 866 460 7263 option 4. Just ask for me.
                  Regards,

Billy T
                  bthompson@qubicaamf.us

Comment

We have one pair of Durabins and had these same issues. Kit looks like a whole lot of nothing, but they really work. Calls vanished after install.
                    I can't even spell Brunsw-ick anymore!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BillyT4QAMF View Post
                      I was out of the office yesterday. I'm here today if you want to call me. 866 460 7263 option 4. Just ask for me.

Of course, Tablejam answers the question I was going to ask you.
                      Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
                      It's on the QA portal under bulletins...

"Description: Durabin 8 pin pocket blocks 612-088-209

The profile of the Durabin in the area of the 8 pin has changed to help keep a second layer 8 pin properly lined
                      up. Previously, an occasional 8 pin would bounce backwards and come in contact with the distributor trip levers causing poor indexing or pin pile-ups.

Owners of earlier model Durabin II’s can modify their equipment in the field with the Durabin 8 Pin block
                      Kit. This product is not recommended for the original Durabin due to the difference in wall thickness."​
                      Originally posted by mrpinspotter View Post
                      612-088-209 This was included in the December Supply Line Newsletter
                      Thank You Sirs.

Second question I have, while we're talkin dura,... MAN! these things are LOUD!!
                      I'm just too old schooool I guess. If you had your bin assembly right, all bumpers in place and butt-guide/head-guide tight, the old 8270 bin was really quiet.

Here, we have 7 of 22 with the durabin upgrade.
                      When the house fires up for practice.... I hear this

Has any tried sprayfoam or truck bedlinder to quiet them down?

PinCup

Comment

Originally posted by Carl D View Post

But, this doesn't seem to be happening in your case from looking at the way the rest of the pins are loaded.

I should have stated this picture is staged, BUT! This is the state I have found it, when I can catch it before it piles-up. I too have assumed that this happens when double stacked. I've still yet to actually witness it happen. After it's piled-up the stack is at the 2 or 4, with the problem 8 jammed up under the dizzy's carriage.
                        We know what's happening (we think we know anyway ), I was sure one of you guys had already solved the puzzle.

PinCup

Comment

I have a wireless camera from Harbor Frieght to keep an eye on our little angles.

Comment

Spot on Rivmike. There are now cameras available for use in cars that have a small screen included and record to an SD card or similar. No more needing to run coax cables back to a VCR. Cameras are the best way to catch recurring problems. Its the old thing as long as you sit there and watch it it won't happen, turn away and bingo there it goes.
                            Regards,

Len.

Comment

Originally posted by PinCup View Post
                              I should have stated this picture is staged, BUT! This is the state I have found it, when I can catch it before it piles-up. I too have assumed that this happens when double stacked. I've still yet to actually witness it happen. After it's piled-up the stack is at the 2 or 4, with the problem 8 jammed up under the dizzy's carriage.
                              We know what's happening (we think we know anyway ), I was sure one of you guys had already solved the puzzle.

PinCup
                              I had always assumed this problem was caused by the front of the dizzy being too low and it was catching and 'dragging' the second 8 pin as the dizzy indexed from the 8 to the 5.

From memory (I haven't worked at that center for nearly a year), I think I actually saw it happen once or twice.

The problem did seem to disappear (or was greatly reduced) by raising the fronts of the dizzys a little (just a flat washer or two added to the spacers for the 2 bolts).

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X