Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VENT TIME!!!!!

Why would anyone installing 70s not use the proper hardware to mount to the kickbacks? Grade 5 bolts with regular SAE nuts and flat washers instead of the proper adjusting hardware. No wonder most of my machines need to be raised close to 1".

Having had to repair and replace some of the stuff the fellows did back in the 50's and 60's, I'd say that's where Larry came up with "Git 'er done".
    Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

Well they used threaded stock to do most of the machines here, Have gone thru and replaced the lot with the proper bolt, great fun , all machines had to be raised and levelled, not one machine even close to being level,plus up to 1 1/4" to low in places , best of luck in your project ,at the end of it your machines are going to operate sweet. This install was done by cowboys about 9years ago.
      82-70's
      Computor Score
      Elco/Omega Tec
      PBL's
      Express CE Oxyshock/Versitity
      16 Wood
      No pindication

Comment

Keep plugging away it 'em guys. The better you are, the better they'll run.

'Back when i got here;...

And NOW!!!

One fire at a time.
        PinCup
        We leave our greatest mark on this earth with the quality of our craftsmanship.

Comment

Something I have learned to never forget...daily....

Time + Patience = Reward

When I first got here it was sort of like what PinCup said, spent some years fixing the "problems", but now that things run a lot better I can go back and fine tune, replace, and adjust things at my leasure or when time permits to make things better. My ultimate goal is to have things near perfect, or as close as possible with these machines and I feel that now I'm finally getting close to that.

One machine and one day at a time.
          Last edited by Tablejam; 05-19-2012, 12:12 AM.

Comment

All of 2011 we werent sure if this center was going to be open at all so we all kinda just let things slide. Now that we have a new 5 year lease my to-do list suddenly got longer with the raising of these things. I have managed to take several deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breaths and I found my happy place where midgets are riding stick horses. As if there isnt enough to worry about, our local 500 club is filing in for a tournament today. Great, a large hen party...........................

Comment

Originally posted by cdsand5 View Post
              All of 2011 we werent sure if this center was going to be open at all so we all kinda just let things slide. Now that we have a new 5 year lease my to-do list suddenly got longer with the raising of these things. I have managed to take several deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breaths and I found my happy place where midgets are riding stick horses. As if there isnt enough to worry about, our local 500 club is filing in for a tournament today. Great, a large hen party...........................
              LMAO!!!!! When I got to Columbia Lanes I started putting out the biggest fires first, then drove on. It was absolute chaos! I went into Macgyver mode and made stuff work. As the smoke started to clear I started tweakin and fine tunin. I had one fellow ask me "Hows it goin?", and I told him to picture a very large forest fire and there's just me and a keg of beer.

Comment

...picture a very large forest fire and there's just me and a keg of beer, where midgets are riding stick horses around that fire, as I stumble through old song on a broken guitar...

Fixed

PinCup
                We leave our greatest mark on this earth with the quality of our craftsmanship.

Comment

Originally posted by PinCup View Post
                  ...picture a very large forest fire and there's just me and a keg of beer, where midgets are riding stick horses around that fire, as I stumble through old song on a broken guitar...

Fixed

PinCup
                  LMAO!!! Brilliant!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                  Working...
                  X