Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• continous table

Got a call from another center. They said sweep was hit then machine went into a continous table. Chassis has been changed and this only happens on 1st ball. Sweep down then cont table. I was thinking TA2, any ideas?
    If it cant be fixed with a hammer, use a bowling pin.

Doesn't the SB start the table timing at 1st guard?
    Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

If the table is running then the time delay has ran and expired. If it was TA2 then the sweep should also be left at 270 at the end of a cycle. Strange that a sweep hit would cause this. What about a different chassis board?

Comment

TA1

A Brief Treatise on Cam Switches:

The table and sweep cam switches allow the chassis to monitor the locations of the table and sweep for proper cycling of the pinspotter.

Table cam switches are located on the left next to the table motor, sweep switches are located on the right next to the sweep motor.

The table cam switches from left to right are:

TA1: Determines the home position of the table.

TA1 out of adjustment too far in:

1. Table stops before zero position.

TA1 out of adjustment too far out:

1. Table runs continuously.

TA2: Initiats the sweep run-thru.

TA2 out of adjustment too far in:

1. 1st ball-sweep down to guard position, table continues to run.

TA2 out of adjustment too far out:

1. 1st ball-sweep down to guard position, time delay, sweep runs, clears pins and stops at guard. Table does not come down.

TB: Lets chassis know that table is within range of being hit by sweep

TB out of adjustment:

1. First ball, sweep starts towards pit, table starts up with pins in gripper, both stop, neither will run with SA1 or TA1.

Sweep switches from left to right are:

SAetermines the 2nd guard and home position of the sweep.

SA out of adjustment:

1. Sweep runs up, down and starts to clear deck a second time as the table spots pins. Table and sweep stop because of interlock.

SA out of adjustment too far out:

1. Continuous sweep run.

SBetermines the 1st guard position of the sweep.

SB out of adjustment too far in:

1. After cycle starts, sweep runs continuously.

2. 1st ball - after time delay the table comes down, sweep starts and stops under the table as it comes down to respot pins, table stops.

SC: Lets the chassis know the sweep is in range of being hit by the table.

SC out of adjustment too far out:

1. 1st ball - sweep down, table down about halfway and stops. Table will not move by lifting TA or SA.
        If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Originally posted by Gym View Post
          Doesn't the SB start the table timing at 1st guard?
          That is correct, but that seems to be fine. What they said is table would start but then sweep would stay at guard and table would keep running. I will be there tomorrow morning but was hoping to get them up today since they are 12 lanes and this is a holiday weekend. Im sure when I go there the whole story is going to be wrong, and it will take 2 min to fix problem.

Comment

Could be TA2 or in the chassis or board in chassis. I would swap chassis with another lane first. Hopefully eliminate the machine from the equation.

Comment

Originally posted by clutchplate View Post
              I will be there tomorrow morning but was hoping to get them up today since they are 12 lanes and this is a holiday weekend. Im sure when I go there the whole story is going to be wrong, and it will take 2 min to fix problem.
              LMAO!!!!! It took me a while, but I finally figured out that it was easier for them to dial my number than it was to go look at the bloody machine.

Comment

QUIZ TIME !!!

I went into bowl today and found problem. Sweep down and then continuous table. TA2 was the problem, but why? Hint..not electrical.

Winner will receive 4 tickets to National Underwater Basket Weaving Championships.

Comment

Ok so not electrical well then either the adjusting screw was worn, adjusted wrong, missing, the switch was broken or loose or sticky, the lever had roller issues, or the cam was bent or something or maybe something like a nut, screw, or washer fell in there.

Comment

spring broke
                    Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

Originally posted by smurtland View Post
                      spring broke
                      TA2 is lifted off the switch to run the sweep, the spring holds it on the switch until the cam lifts it. If the spring broke the lever would never push in the switch which would cause the sweep to never stop at guard. It would be the same thing as having the adjusting screw turned out so far it could not push in the switch.

Comment

This may be the best quiz ever. I will reveal the answer on Tuesday unless someone gets it right. Good luck to all!!

Comment

Wow, this is a good one.

Comment

There was a small piece of junk holding the TA2 away from the switch.

Comment

Is 2nd ball cycle working?
                              OR
                              the sweep is just staying in guard and the table runs continuously?
                              When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X