Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweep issues....

I'm a 90 guy that went to a 70 house, so the motors and chassis are greek to me. I have a lane that was interlocking and throwing the klixon. I changed the stator, the points where pretty shot. Same issue continued. I changed the chassis and checked the sweep contact, was well with in reason of being in operating condition. I changed the entire gear box and motor to a national, interlock went away, but it still pops the klixon at first guard from time to time and then the table will continually re-spot. I checked the cam and micro switch adjustments and they are all within operating parameters.

What's next?
    Change the chassis, is not the answer.

Crank arm catching head of bolt?
    Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

No, the machine is perfect operating condition, for being double my age.

Comment

I had a machine yesterday that kicked the sweep klixon, and found that the sweep had been hit hard enought to crack one bracket and bend the other enough so that the sweep was catching a lip on the transision while going to second guard. Which caused the stator to work harder, til......

Could the wires used for the klixon be too small a gauge?

Comment

The previous mechanic here is slightly famous for putting motors/stators back on the shelf without repairing them, so when I changed the motor, I used a known working motor. Well I think I caught it at the end of it's life and my instincts screwed over. I changed it to one that was on the shelf and it's been on continuous cycle for awhile with no issues. That still doesn't explain why the 2 other westies I had on it first didn't work properly, even with brand new switches.

Comment

The "Healing Wall". Could be on the 2 Westies that the Cent mech might have slipped out a bit. I've had more than one come loose, which causes all sorts of headaches.

Comment

Switch to grainger 5MLY9 this will eliminate rotating SW.
              If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...h=true&sst=All

And "Tuffy". Part#785-000-000-T (70's) Tufft Motor Start Relay

Compare Price as always.
                If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Just picked up a couple Graingers relays last week. Got my local place to keep a batch always in stock for me. Work great so far.
                  Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

I had this damn machine on continuous cycle all day.....................nothing. I came in this morning and the klixon is popped again, sweep in the guard position. Pinny last night said he hit the reset and nothing happened. I tapped the motor and pressed the klixon and its working again. Still no fix

Comment

I found it. (hopefully)

The terminals on the capacitor were loose, one the ends was completely burned off and explains the randomness of the issue. Gain continuity, lose continuity, gain.............yada yada yada........

Comment

Ok, I found a bad solder join on a klixon that caused odd problems.

Comment

Sweet! That's where I was headed next. I've had a couple Caps that the terminals had welded themselves.

Comment

Either way you look at it, I've checked, adjusted and replaced damn near everything and got dooped for a week................all for one tiny burnt up wire.......

Comment

Originally posted by exactlyvague View Post
                              Either way you look at it, I've checked, adjusted and replaced damn near everything and got dooped for a week................all for one tiny burnt up wire.......
                              It always happens like that!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X