Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring tube tensioners

For those of you using either the ring tube tensioner kit from Stahls or a home made version, I've a question.

Do you notice that some of your upper rollers don't make contact with the ring tube all the time anymore? I have these kits installed on five machines, and on two of them only one of the upper rollers makes full time contact anymore. On a third machine the ring tube only occasionally makes contact with EITHER of the top rollers. Most of the time it's none at all. There is no slop anymore on any of these pinwheels (top or bottom), and I've inspected all of these rollers, they're all good.

I haven't had any trouble with these so far. I just thought that it was odd. Especially the machine that some how defies gravity and runs without riding on either of the top rollers!
    9th Amendment!

Thats strange. I have them on 12 machines so far out of 40 and havent seen this issue. Ive been making sure when i install my kits that i replace both top rollers with brand new ones and install used ones that are still good on the kit. So far i havent had any issues at all with them
    Giving bowlers less to complain about, one lane at a time

Comment

I use only 1 per machine. Snugs up the PW without a lot of extra pressure
      Go Pirates

Comment

Originally posted by slb785 View Post
        Thats strange. I have them on 12 machines so far out of 40 and havent seen this issue. Ive been making sure when i install my kits that i replace both top rollers with brand new ones and install used ones that are still good on the kit. So far i havent had any issues at all with them
        The one that sometimes doesn't seem to use the upper rollers has new Enviro type uppers on it.
        9th Amendment!

Comment

sounds like your ring tube is possibly wore or somehow bent
          Giving bowlers less to complain about, one lane at a time

Comment

Mine all hit the upper rollers to my knowledge

Comment

I'm not familiar with these, but would think that you would install them on the bottom rollers only so as to even out the upper pull.
              Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

On your 1 that doesn't touch either top roller, that must be an amazingly stiff ring tube oil wick

Comment

Originally posted by AmfPro View Post
                  On your 1 that doesn't touch either top roller, that must be an amazingly stiff ring tube oil wick
                  There's no wick in that one, it has got Enviro rollers in it. I was watching it last night and noticed that when the pinwheel is loaded with pins it uses the uppers (one or both).
                  9th Amendment!

Comment

Originally posted by pitman2 View Post
                    There's no wick in that one, it has got Enviro rollers in it. I was watching it last night and noticed that when the pinwheel is loaded with pins it uses the uppers (one or both).
                    Is either of these binding. Also, are you able to adjust the tension?

Comment

Not binding. When they're not turning I can stick a screwdriver in there and they turn just fine. Last night I stopped the pinwheel when both rollers stopped moving and really heaved back and forth on the top of the pinwheel. I didn't notice any play in it, so it must be just barely missing.
                      9th Amendment!

Comment

OK, I just gotta ask, is your ring tube weldment a tad loose from the pin wheel? Any elongated bolt holes, things like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Gym View Post
                          OK, I just gotta ask, is your ring tube weldment a tad loose from the pin wheel? Any elongated bolt holes, things like that?

We fix this with 5/16" X 3/4" carraige bolts.
                          I can't even spell Brunsw-ick anymore!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pinfeed View Post
                            Always a good fix.

Hmmmm. Not hitting the top rollers is odd, as the wheel is pulled from the top left or right side. Have you tried swapping them out with OEM rollers?

Comment

Originally posted by pinfeed View Post
                              Always a good fix.

Hmmmm. Not hitting the top rollers is odd, as the wheel is pulled from the top left or right side. Have you tried swapping them out with OEM rollers?

Like I said, I'm not familiar with these, but am with the idea. Is the roller mounted on an arm so that the spring keeps an even tension on it? Kinda like a compensating idler pulley. It almost sounds like its pivot point is binding.

Oops! Sorry for the double and a half post.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X