Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP Chassis - Table does not move during cycle

Last week I tested a spare MP chassis (on a 82/70) I have in stock.
    First time I put it, it worked perfectly.
    I put another chassis for testing purpose, then I put back the first one (wich I decided to let on the machine for cleaning the original one).
    This time, this chassis (who worked perfectly a few minutes ago) does not move the table during cycle.
    If I hit the table button it works (the contactor is activated and the table move), but the table does not come back at zero position automatically.
    But if I try to move it with the cam lever TA nothing happens (I do not hear any sound in the chassis).
    The problem come from the chassis, I'm sure of it, all works fine with another one.
    I have checked all the connections in the chassis, switched the electronic board, check all the terminal connectors in the block plug, changed the ice block relay... nothing worked...

It's driving me crazy, I hate those chassis!

Any help/idea would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Take an eraser to the Bd. contacts and check and see if all is clear in the P1 & P2 Sockets.
    Move the glass relays from left to right, with the last one going back to the left.
    Last edited by felix; 06-05-2012, 02:44 PM.
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

In addition to felix, if you have the button batteries, that serve as filter/capacitors on your board, change them to fresh ones. I'm not an MP fan either.
      Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

Originally posted by Gym
        In addition to felix, if you have the button batteries, that serve as filter/capacitors on your board, change them to fresh ones. I'm not an MP fan either.
        The button batteries on some versions of MP aren't for filtering or capacitors, they are used to hold the 'memory' (what the machine was doing last) if it loses power in the middle of a cycle. The circuit drains them very quickly, so they won't last long if you change them. I have yet to see one of those types of MP boards that had batteries that weren't dead. It's really not a big deal anyway. Sounds to me that the table circuit on the board is bad.

MP chassis are good chassis - they are less cluttered than a SS chassis, however they do have a CPU on the board, so they are more sensitive than Omega Tek MK-70's.

Felix: I'm sending you a PM about that %^$#(& blue chassis.

Jon
        I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Jon, your not the type that gives up!
          If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

There are 2 wires connected to the low voltage on one side of the table contactor, one is from the push button on the side of the chassis and the other is from the logic control from the board and if the logic wire comes loose you get exactly this situation. The table works fine with the button on the side of the chassis but plays dead during a cycle.
            70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
            Prolane Walker sport

Comment

^
              I'll put money on that one too Keeth.
              Had the exact thing happen to me last night, sweep at 2nd guard and table wouldn't spot but would if I used the button = one boken logic wire to table contactor.
              Wierd too because two shifts previous I had a machine that would not cycle and turned out it was one of the small wires from the cycle button to the sweep contactor had broken. Isn't it funny how you seem to get a run of the same sort of issues happen.
              Aaron.

Comment

Originally posted by felix
                Jon, your not the type that gives up!
                LOL - I hate being defeated!
                I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Keeth was right!
                  I had a bad connection of the table contactor's wire on the logic board connector!

Thanks, you save me from a headache ^^

Comment

Hugo youre welcome! Been bit in the arse too many times from that one to forget,PS the sweep has the same arrangement but it has three wires on one side. One for the button one for the sweep run from the rear control panel and the third from logic.
                    70's MP/PBL/LBS,Q-Score
                    Prolane Walker sport

Comment

Originally posted by wb8yjf View Post
                      The button batteries on some versions of MP aren't for filtering or capacitors, they are used to hold the 'memory' (what the machine was doing last) if it loses power in the middle of a cycle.
                      I'll be darned. Tim down at Marshall's told me they were filter caps. Oh well, live and learn. Thanks.
                      Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

Originally posted by keeth View Post
                        Hugo youre welcome! Been bit in the arse too many times from that one to forget,PS the sweep has the same arrangement but it has three wires on one side. One for the button one for the sweep run from the rear control panel and the third from logic.
                        Thanks for the tip, I will not forget that now

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                        Working...
                        X