Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for King and some old heads

I always wanted to ask about this and never got around to it.

Why, on the sweep rocker arm assembly, is there that drive rod connecting block on the table motor side of the rocker arm, for the long sweep drive rod. There is no block on the sweep motor side.

I always had to run the table side long tie rod longer than the sweep side long tie rod.
    If both long drive rods are set to same length, the sweep goes farther into the pit on the sweep motor side.

I never understood why that block was there!
    Maybe one of you know why!
    Last edited by AmfPro; 06-10-2012, 12:07 AM.

Its very simple. That block is there to allow the rocker arm to go under the table gearbox. If you look at it closely with the sweep at zero and imagine if it was the same as the ten side you would see how it could run into the gearbox which is why the sweep drive rod can be no shorter than 10-1/8". The pivoting points on both sides of the rocker arm are exactly lined up, you can see this with one out of the machine, and the block is added there because the arm on that side is slightly rearward as compared to the ten side and the block puts the mounting hole for the rod in the same spot as the other side.

Its funny you ask because I used to wonder the same thing.
    Last edited by Tablejam; 06-10-2012, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
    Working...
    X